T70 MK3b Rearlights

Hi everyone,

just wondering what rearlights were used on that car.

I´ve always been thinking that these rearlights were pretty much
Lucas standard units like the ones to be found on Landrovers Series II etc.
But then someone told me that the ones Lola used were slightly different,
more like those Volvo used on the P 1800.
So I´m a bit confused now. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Marcus

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
A long time ago I read an article in Car Craft Magazine (this had to be around 20 years ago) titled "Whatever Lola wants - Lola gets"..

The Lola was a T70-MkIIIB and I believe it was an original. The owner had made some modifications to the car to make it street legal. One of the modifications he made was to use 1975 Chevy Vega tail-lights.. While I cringed at the thought of using parts from the ill-fated Vega on a Lola, I had to admit that these tail lights fit the recesses in the rear of the car "Perfectly" and the proportions were as though they were designed for the Lola.

Here are some images of the tail lights I captured on the web during a short search - I'm afraid I am no good with Photoshop so you'll need to use your imagination or find someone with more talent than I;

1975Vega13.JPG

1975Vega14.JPG

Big-Foot,

that`s interesting, thank you, just trying to imagine the car with such rearlights.

Any idea as to what other cars had the rearlights shown below?

Attachments

• Bild1.jpg
    Bild1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 810
Hi Marcus

I googled Landrover Series II photos and found a good 3/4 rear pic of its tail lights but couldn't repost it here. Anyway its lights look identical to the yellow Lola above ie same 2 relieved screw holes, high pointy dome and concentric circle pattern (you can see this quite clearly on the hi-res pics of the purple car on the Lola Heritage site).

As far as I can tell they also look the same as the tail lights on my 1:12 Tamiya T70. If it was me, I'd hapily go with the Land Rover lights. That said, I haven't looked for picutres of the Volvo lights to compare. Don't want to look at any Volvo parts...

yep, can cofirm what darren says . if you are scourcing Healy spares they are for the bj8. steve

So that explains why the tail lights and the indicator lights are different on mine... Looks like the red tail lights are the original ones and the Orange ones are off the Landy - I'll post a pic for confirmation.

Guys,

many thanks to all of you for your help (and Richard in particular for doing some googling on this matter).

You´ve been extremely helpful. Another valuable contribution to my project.

Best,
Marcus

Hi everybody, I actually plan to build a T70 mk III B replica and I have the same question for the front: where does the headlights come from ? They seem to have 2 different diameters ? And the flashers ??

Any hel would be largely appreciated, thanks :thumbsup:

T70 headlamps are 5" and 7" either 'sealed beam units' or now you can get them with an H4 bulb fitment. Lucas do a nice 'Quadoptic' version in the 7" which would be nice on a road car. The indicators are a side-repeater lamp I think fitted to some landrover and 70's-80's British Leyland models. Quite commonly avaliable.
Hope this helps.

Darren.

Hi Marcus,
I sent you a PM regarding my spider project but didn't get a response, maybe I did it wrong? Can you send a message to [email protected] so we can correspond as I have a few questions.
Thanks Karl

Back