Can Am 1967 Road America

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
"Fantastic!" Johan, thanks for posting ---I still dream of this stuff --maybe in the form of a revival "down under" --one day;)

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Better catch the first boat Chris, once you get back from your 'Bag Boy' duties that is, wouldnt want you to miss any action due to a Slooow boat! Maybe your steering arms will have materialised by then & you will be full of enthusiasm on returning from watchin 'Thunda Down Under' in the SI of NZ.

Jac Mac

yeh, gwon , do it chris .
im supposed to be crew on a fast morgan buuutttt, that dont leave much time for gawkin'. steve

wood, wood, hey thats real english ash sir,
i'll have you know that we put the engine back in the Mog on the wednesday11 pm., sorted the brakes out on the fri. morn then on the road at 12.05 to marsterton for the 50 yr. ann.of the car club down there. hill climb and all on sat . i'd cranked 1.5 deg. at the pointy end (aligned the new dunlop R s with chalk lines on the floor) and tightened the rear shocks cos i thought it would take a little more now the lsd was workin again.
ran the mill in on the first 250 ks, then into it on Vinegar Hill nth of Feilding. could tell right off we were onto something. loverly stuff on the corners.
Rob had last been on the hillclimb when he was 10 yrs old ( with his pa)
bugger me days if he didnt get FTD against the locals in some rather mean skylines and wrx s and such.
the prize giveing had Ross Bond and another from the aussi Supercar policeing team as guest speakers , some great yarns )
see you lot down there in the new year. steve

Rob, is that the same Rob that was down last year, must be, tell him to make sure he brings the spare keys this time and to get the seals fixed on his Turbo, he will know what I mean.:)

Jac Mac

no, Mac , no turbo, and didnt loose the keys as far as i know. 3.9 rover with cam etc in morgan.and yes we were down last year and will be again but the women arn't showing much enthusiasm for the event.hows the weatherr down therre ??
steve. ps Magic day at Levels eh??

Great to see Johan.

This was the first motor race ever attended with my dad and a friend.

Back in January this year, someone posted a link comparing the 1967 Can Am at Elkhart Lake and one of the new Cart races at the same track. Amazing how much faster the new cars are. This was found on the GT40s website.

The day I reviewed this video (comparison then and now) was the anniversary of my Dad's death. I thought the find was a great present from him.

Thanks for posting this link.

Best
Dom

Yes, the CART series was a fast series. Interesting tale of you and your pop going to the races. Thanks for sharing it.

mess. to jac mac. have just questioned the said Rob and yes indeed he has shown me the key in the envelope ( with your po box no on the back) and the turbo leak was in fact a broken oil control ring ( no turbo ) __ the reason for the strip down . the lad likes your humour, keep it up . cheers steve. ps just spent 12 hrs redoing the exhaust system on the mog. oval ballance pipe to keep the ground clearance and increase the cross sect to the equi. of a 2 " dia. primaries are 1 .5 dia.

mess. to jac mac. have just questioned the said Rob and yes indeed he has shown me the key in the envelope ( with your po box no on the back) and the turbo leak was in fact a broken oil control ring ( no turbo ) __ the reason for the strip down . the lad likes your humour, keep it up . cheers steve. ps just spent 12 hrs redoing the exhaust system on the mog. oval ballance pipe to keep the ground clearance and increase the cross sect to the equi. of a 2 " dia. primaries are 1 .5 dia.

Ha Ha, the 'Turbo Leak' was a play on words from me in relation to the amount of verbal garbage that emanates from some folk in your area of NZ. :). good to see he kept the 'Key'.

Jac Mac

i see, mmm do have to say that Rob does get alittle excited at times, all part of his boyish charm. finished the weld up at 9 pm , left it for him to instal , home having steak at 10 .15 when the man calls to say F---- n fantastic job, wheels spin in second and sounds like a 5 ltr. but not as raucus as before . must have fluked it again . regards steve. for those in the dark, the key is a short end of elect.wire in an envelope labled " Morgan spare key. " seems da woman had gone shoppin wif da ign key in da purse and had to make a mercy dash back just in time. ahhh, soooo much excitement at the track side. cheers

Back