Contracting out my Lola bodywork...

I'm wondering if anyone has advice or contacts for fiberglass experts. I enjoy doing all my suspension fabrication, mechanicals, welding, etc etc. However, the Lola knock-off body I've got here seems like a mess (to me). I've never worked with fiberglass before, and I suspect maybe the poor fitment, rubbing, overall slop of these body parts may just be fairly normal for fg parts (and yes, I am picky). In any case, I don't want to do the bodywork myself, and am willing to contract it out. I'm wondering though, since kits with properly fitting doors and acceptable panel gaps are hard to find, the difference is probably in the craftsman who finishes, paints, and fits the panels. I'm in the Washington DC area and am trying to find such a craftsman, or someone who has the patience and skill to make the body work and look right, but I'm looking for advice or contacts since I've never been with the fiberglass/kit crowd before. Feel free to shoot me an email or message if you're in the area, have advice, get-togethers to look at each others cars, etc.

You might contact Ken Seybert at cvrautomotive.com. He is in Florida and currently working on a T70 coupe replica for me. I know that he has prepped at least two other T70 coupe bodies for paint with excellent results.

Back