Lola T70 wheels - replica - group purchase

Hi everyone - I've started a new thread as the other 'what's the deal?' thread was on steroids!

We (my associate) have/has visited our intended manufacturer today in South Africa and his operation is second to none. He builds wheels for race and road cars.

The upshot is this - we can get 1 piece 2 piece or 3 piece T70 style wheels made in 15 inch or 16 inch with varying offsets and rim widths. When I say 'style' I mean that the T70 style wheels we initially need are the ones from 1970's race Perana's. I will post the differences in picture form later.

It looks like the way to go is 3 piece.

We can get 5 pin or 6 pin drive according to requirements.

Clearly there is a huge advantage in getting together a group buy. Currently our purchase price before shipping etc is in the ball-park of £2,400 gbp, or 37,562 ZAR, or 3,578 USD.

I reckon that with around 10 sets on order we can reduce this set price.

Don't know how the mechanics of a group buy will work yet but the thing is we will make it as safe a transaction as is possible before we ask anyone to even put a deposit down.

If anyone is interested or can suggest any links where we can get others on board then please PM me.

I can then verify some things for anyone who is on the brink but needs re-assurances.

regards Chris U.K.

ps pics to follow of some initial artwork and some original wheels that we will be mimicking.
We are not traders as such (but we are business people with a big interest in Historics) - just in the stages of building 2 replicas or possibly 3 if time permits. Pics on these to follow later as well.

Here's some early artwork on style of wheels:-

lolapre01.jpg

lolapre02.jpg

lolapre06.jpg

lolapre06.jpg

lolapre07.jpg

lolapre10.jpg

Here's the 1970 wheel we will be making first - note the slight curvature on the spokes.

Lola_Perana_7.jpg

Lola_Perana_4.jpg

Any questions please fire away.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Chris,
I have chatted with you SA supplier in the recent past.......their volume requirements are too high vs pricing.
Hence my decision to do them in house as individual sets if need be..

Chris,
I have chatted with you SA supplier in the recent past.......their volume requirements are too high vs pricing.
Hence my decision to do them in house as individual sets if need be..

Fran - OK we've clarified that now - cheers Chris

ps if there's no take up on the group offer - I am still ordering the 3 sets of Lola reps. Then me and my associate will have a spare front and rear wheel!! Our supplier is very keen to keep us guys happy and his quality of work seems well above what we need.

Last edited:
Back