Where to test the lola...

Hey guys,
Hope all are well. The lola's been tucked up all winter in Jersey and now I'm looking to arrange a testing / set up day. I recently arranged for my Grandfathers friend and old mechanic Willy Le Bourgeois to adjust and sort the ride height and suspension settings and camber etc.

Anyway it all looks good, so I'm ready to have a play, my question is whre in the UK or North of France, airfield or similar I can have a drive in the car and bring along an expert (Darren and the likes) to tweak the car etc?

Darren do you have a price for hiring your expertise for a days testing ?
Many thanks,
Matthew

Just send it over here and we'll test it for free !
Lola has some new custom dampers that your car might benefit from.
Do you know what rate springs are on your car now ?

thanks for that, I'II contact the track and book it in.

Hi Johan
I wish I could fly it over for setting up, but it's not my car unfortunately, my Grandfather at 80 years old still has his head screwed on well and probably and sensibly won't let me take it without him being there to watch and supervise !!
Not heard of the dampers you're referring too, also not sure on spring rates etc, I suppose you couldn't tell from a picture?
thanks,
Matthew

Hi Mathew,
Do you know what DB you are reading say at 2/3rd throttle? noise is a big problem on the UK tracks. 105db being a noisy day.

I have been turned away a few times as I could not get the sound down enough.

I called Bruntingthorpe and they said 98db !! I think my lancia is noisier than that !!!

Why has the world turned so anti noise ! Regulation and yet more regulation its all a bit tiresome.

I'II keep trying.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I called Brands Hatch and the full circuit is 101db

The Indi circuit is 105db

I feel your pain - I doubt my road legal car would get through those

Have you thought abot France? Perhaps the Bugati Circuit at Le Mans - they seem to be a lot easier on noise over there

Or Spa

Ian

Private airports work well. Just remember to tell the tower if there is one and keep a keen eye for large shadows.

Croft circuit 4th May 105 Db Cadwell park 105Db 20th April I have a pair of aero SLR mufflers you can borrow to bolt onto the back these do loose 4Db with no loss of power 13" long fits onto 3" pipes, you are quite welcolme to share my garage if those dates are of any use to you? you can run your car as much as you need being a open pit lane day.

Failing that I have use of a private airfield that I can use for a hour or so for a noisy blast,

Regards Steve

Yee Haw :)

Attachments

• Lola_T70_Spider_Gurney_1966_rear_quarter.jpg
    Lola_T70_Spider_Gurney_1966_rear_quarter.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 353
That pic reminded me of our old supertraps...

As for where to test, we usually go to Brunters, but still get hassled about noise, or one of the Masters test days. but getting down to noise limits is a real prob.
I don't tend to do much private testing because of so many variables between cars. We have a spec that we recommend to our customers and a set-up that works well with it, but so many things can make so much difference I try not to get involved as with all the good will in the world you can get loads of hassle.

Attachments

• P240309_14.44_[01].jpg
    P240309_14.44_[01].jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 343
Thank Steve, that's a very kind offer I will put it to the boss....

No problem Darren, are there any mechanics that know these cars that you can pay for time spent on the car whilst at a test day ?
thanks again,

Hi Matthew.
Depending on when and where you eventually test, there are quite a few people out there who would prob give you some advice and a bit of help. Gary Pearson and Simon Hadfield both run T70 spiders, and if approached, would prob give you some guidance. Even me, despite my last post, we will always lend a hand, but we're probably not out until the Masters event at Brands in May. But keep us posted, who knows what may turn up....

Darren

This is my solution to the noise at race circuits, 96DB static @ 4500rpm 0.5 m distance away at 45 degree even increases the HP

Attachments

• T70 Ready 005.jpg
    T70 Ready 005.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 336
  • T70 Ready 001.jpg
    T70 Ready 001.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 344
Back