Lola for sale on e-bay

Maybe I am missing something, but surely isn't this a T160 with a Mark I or II T70 (single headlamp) body fitted?

As I understand it, the Mark IIIB GT chassis number sequences start SL76/.... so I am not quite sure how it comes to be referred to as a Mark IIIB.

Of course a T160 Can-Am car is a significant car in its own right, so my comment is in no way intended to denigrate it.

Maybe I am missing something, but surely isn't this a T160 with a Mark I or II T70 (single headlamp) body fitted?

As I understand it, the Mark IIIB GT chassis number sequences start SL76/.... so I am not quite sure how it comes to be referred to as a Mark IIIB.

Of course a T160 Can-Am car is a significant car in its own right, so my comment is in no way intended to denigrate it.

Heh - yes, it is a T160. Even says so on the chassis tags. Has been rebodied with the T70
MkIIIb Coupe body according to this:

World Sports Racing Prototypes - Lola Can-Am chassis numbers

Ian

I was going to say exactly the same as Hamsterace, but he pipped me at the post. Body is Mk3 not 3b. Seem to be quite a few 160's cropping up with T70 bodywork and calling themselves T70's. As for "Probably the only shark gill tailed T70 coupe in existence"

I rest my case.

Quote"Local car, very cool. Does a retub really bring that type of $$$? "

A genuine Mk3 coupe, not a converted spyder, is worth around £450-600,000. with rebuilt original tub.

This is such a hybrid, putting a price on it is quite difficult, but I would imagine that he's in the ballpark with 200k.

Darren

CRC Racecar Engineering

Attachments

• LolaleftandfrontMay10-07.jpg
    LolaleftandfrontMay10-07.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 670

Keith

Just questions:

I wonder what happened to the original tub? Is that an accepted practice, having a new tub made (not by Lola?) and putting the original Lola plate on it?

Who/what is Schifchik?

I'm genuinely puzzled..

Car is misrepresented as different model
Body is not original to the car
Car is different colour (not unusual)
Tub is not original and not Lola
Suspension is not original
Engine is not as historically run (Ford)

So, what is it? Grandfather's axe?

What part of this car did Andretti actually touch/sit in?

As far as I can see, perhaps only the Lola badge is historically accurate.

Looks fantastic by the way...

Keith

That's nice.... Thank you :)

What wouldn't I give for it, despite it's strange history - it's a fine looking car..

Back