Donnington Masters Aug 23rd

Off to Donny tomorrow for Sunday's race. Running Olly Bryant in the 3b. Come and say "Hi" if your there.

Darren

Darren/Chris, I read an article some time ago that a 'Steve Ward' from NZ was entered to compete in this series in his Replica GT40. ( This was one of six built by Frank Wigg in the early 1990's ). Purely out of interest from my perspective, wondered if he actually made it over, got to compete & if so how he fared in the results. Sorry, have no other details etc in regard to car colour etc.

I saw that car at the Silverstone classic in July, a blue GT40, number 40 I think. I got talking to the guy who was with the car in the garage area, nice chap. Don't know about the Donnington event, but at the Silverstone Classic he raced it. It finished 34th out of 35, did 34 laps, finished 7 laps behind the leader and his best lap was a 2.15.262

Having watched the race he did very well, those T70s were in a class of there own.

Last edited:
i saw one GT40 at donnington but didnt take much notice tbh, more interested in the Lolas (whupping ass!) :)
the evening race at the silverstone classice was better for spectating though, just seemed to work better than spectating at donnington. i hope they spend a lot of money very quickly to upgrade donny in time for next year as its pretty poor at the mo.

Dave Collins

Supporter
Here are a few pictures of the car at the Silverstone Classic(assuming this is the correct one). I also spoke to the driver who was very friendly. He said he was over in europe from NZ to do a few races over the summer.

I was not sure what the chassis was as it had a squared off front like Mirage/Gulf/Safir cars. I did not have a chance to talk about this as he had to rush off to get some food before the evening race.

Dave

Attachments

• 0709Silverstone_111.jpg
    0709Silverstone_111.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 288
  • 0709Silverstone_121.jpg
    0709Silverstone_121.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 340
  • 0709Silverstone_122.jpg
    0709Silverstone_122.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 0709Silverstone_229.jpg