RCR T70 Spyder Has Arrived in NC!

Ron Earp

Admin
The spyder arrived this morning and thought I'd throw some pictures up real quick - fired up with a button push and off I went at about 15 mph down the street and into the garage. Awesome!! More info later on...

Someone in TX's SLC....

trailer.JPG

offload.JPG

curb.JPG

spolier.JPG

front.JPG

sydsmall.jpg

lights.JPG

That is a very cool looking machine....enjoy. I think your young daughter has her eye on the prize for future requests to borrow the car keys please. :)

That chin spoiler looks a lot better than the cardboard version I saw on Tuesday morning at RCR! ;) It really is too pretty to race in the 13, though. *cough*

--Donnie

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations, Ron!

To quote one of my favorite songs, "....what a long, strange road it's been!"

Here's hoping you have fun racing it--I like the light bar, BTW!!!

Doug

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks fellows, it has been a long road but things have been going well with the car in the last few months. Turning it over to RCR to build was the way to go because it'd have taken all my hobby time to build the car like this - and I wasn't about to give up racing as things are going well for me there too. Got to strike while the iron is hot.

I didn't get to spend a lot of time with the car before a family trip but I'm planning on working on it from Sun-Wed to get it logbooked, aligned, and all the other little things to make sure it is ready for the test day. It looked fantastic and sounded good though!!!

One of the biggest hurdles I'm having is my VISA card was compromised and we had to cancel it for a new issue so I'm having a hard time ordering a few little things I need for track testing - tires, etc. Hopefully one of my racing partners can handle that and bail me on that one.

More as it comes out and we'll have track results later this week if all goes well. I'm interested to see how much it weighs when we corner weight it. It is an iron block / ally heads but I have a feeling this car won't weigh much. It has the street/heavy body work (lighter stuff is available from RCR but I didn't choose it) but even so the car is just so small.

Ron Earp

Admin
Taking it to VIR? When?

--Donnie

We've got a CMP test day on the 15th. CMP is good to test the braking for sure and more technical, albeit slower speed, cornering. After that we'll test at VIR on the 23rd and race it in the VIR ECR on the 24th as that is the Goblin's Go weekend.

Then we have a test day at VIR on the 29th (18 cars on that one, you guys are probably testing then) and we'll run it on the club day on the 30th as well as the light check and qualifying.

When are you guys up testing the Acura?

Ron

We've got a CMP test day on the 15th. CMP is good to test the braking for sure and more technical, albeit slower speed, cornering. After that we'll test at VIR on the 23rd and race it in the VIR ECR on the 24th as that is the Goblin's Go weekend.

Then we have a test day at VIR on the 29th (18 cars on that one, you guys are probably testing then) and we'll run it on the club day on the 30th as well as the light check and qualifying.

When are you guys up testing the Acura?

We just did one of the 10/10ths days a couple weeks back. Skip ahead to about the two minute mark of this dude's video. :)

Not sure other than probably the Goblins test day and definitely the test day on the 29th and club day on the 30th. But we might squeeze another or two in there. I'd come chase you around at CMP if I weren't already booked teaching some Hillsborough police officers how to drive. There's a chance Reid might take the car down there to let Brian drive it, though. I might encourage that, since it would be fun to compare times. ;)

--Donnie

Back