MkIIIb door hinges

Hi folks - long time lurker starting an RCR-70 build..... does anyone have any detailed pictures of door hinges /handles etc?

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the Mk3 pics Tom - very interesting and 'solid' looking! Still looking for Mk3b pics folks (ie forward opening).

Cheers

Chris

Chris,
Welcome to the forum from a fellow lurker and RCR70 owner.
I am also looking for a more substantial hinge for the MK3B.
When you locate a substantial hinge design that will be helpful to all.
I meet a gentleman in England who had/has a set of the mk3 hinges with his kit that was for sale last summer and he has a lot of pictures of the T-70's. Maybe he has a good photo of the hinges for a MK3B as well.
Regards
Mark

Hi Chris. Managed to get a couple of pics of hinges "in situ". They are a really basic hinge and just bolt through the door and center section framing. Hope they are of some help. Have been having a route around in the workshop as I'm sure we have a couple of sets somewhere to get a picture of unfitted. Anyway I'll keep looking. Oh, and where abouts are you in the UK?

Cheers

Darren

CRC Racecar Engineering

3B hinge (3).jpg

3B hinge (2).jpg

3B hinge (1).jpg

3B hinge.jpg

3B hinge (4).jpg

Darren,
Those pictures show just how simple things can be with a race car.
I have a question for you.
Is the part of the hinge that is attached to the door bonded into the door between the inner and outer skins?
Also, what is the Diameter and length of the round portion of the hinge? They look about 7/16" or 1/2" and about 3/4" to 1" in length.

Thank you
Mark

Hi Darren - brilliant, thanks! Next bit I need is detail of the striker plate and handle assembly etc - I have 1/2 the parts for that and Fran is sorting out the rest for me (he's a good bloke!). Pictures would be fantastic but maybe I could save you the hassle and arrange a 'photo shoot'?! My car is in Leicester but I split my time between Reading and Bristol (and Bristol is not a million miles from Devon!).

Mark, yes, I believe the hinge is bonded between the two skins - that's what I intend to do anyway.

Cheers

chris

Chris,
Glad to hear you are having progress with the hinges.
If Fran is sending you the same original style latch parts that I have they will be self explanitory.
I also recieved the bear claw latch assembly as well.
Not sure which I will use.
Are you going to use door limiting straps or a rubber stopper to limit the forward movement?
In another post someone mentions that a limit strap puts a lot of stress on the doors and hinges.

Mark

Sorry to drag up a really old thread but on one of the continuation cars I saw this picture of the Lola door hinge.
Does anyone know where Lola purchases these door hinges?
Regards,
Mark

Attachments

• used-1968-lola-t70-mk3b-9423-5111116-13-640[1].jpg
    used-1968-lola-t70-mk3b-9423-5111116-13-640[1].jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 741

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Mark

Try Mac McClendon at McLendon International Inc.. He has all things Lola, and did some of the stuff for Lola for the continuation cars.
904-287-1247
[email protected]
I have a bunch of Lola pictures(4-500) set up on a Kodak album. If you would like to see them, drop me a line at [email protected] They are not just 3b's (although they are my favorite). Some are from Road America, and some are from McClendons shop.

Regards
Brian

Hi cris, so sehen die türbänder und das türschloß bei meiner lola t70 mk3b aus. das türschloß habe ich selber gebaut.
gruß meinolf

Attachments

• ddd (13).JPG
    ddd (13).JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 419
  • ddd (14).JPG
    ddd (14).JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_3869.JPG
    IMG_3869.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_3870.JPG