T70 in Octane Magazine

Just to let you guy's know that there is a good feature on a Mk3 coupe, SL73/130, that we restored last year in this months Octane Magazine. Some excellent pics and a track test by Mark Hales. Had a fun day at Silverstone last Oct with the photo shoot.

Enjoy.

Darren

CRC Racecar Engineering

Attachments

• 130 sml.jpg
    130 sml.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 478
that is a lovely car, read the write up at the weekend. also saw some footage on Motors tv recently of a t70 having a minor off into the wall at shelsey walsh hillclimb, from last season, is that one of yours that you look after?

Craig Jones' car SL73/119. His son Adam was driving it at Shelsley, had a prob with the gears. We did the restoration on it a couple of years back, and the repairs after it latest incident. Nice car though, and up for sale too.

Cheers

Darren

Oh, and the picture in my first post isn't from the magazine article, but one taken by my son on the test day. He's 9 !

Damage not too bad. Nose box and rad, new nose and repairs too the centre section. Can't remember for sure now but I don't think it even damaged the suspension.
Unlike when Carlos put his 3b in the wall at Estoril 3 weeks before his home town race in Porto. Managed to get that fixed in time though.

Ho-hum

Darren

Attachments

• Estoril001.jpg
    Estoril001.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 417
  • estoril002.jpg
    estoril002.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 402
ouch indeed. that one does look expensive. how do you fix something like that when its bent box sections etc, can it be cut out and repaired?

ouch indeed. that one does look expensive. how do you fix something like that when its bent box sections etc, can it be cut out and repaired?

Its usually a case of just de-rivetting the bent panels and re-making the bent panels as necessary. Not a difficult job for us as we make the continuation chassis' and have all the patterns and jigs.:thumbsup:

excellent! looking forward to seeing some more T70s racing this season, enjoyed last year with silverstone classic, hoping to do that and goodwood revival this year.

Back