T70 at Canepa Design (Scotts Valley, CA)

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
And the price was.....?? I seem to recall reading something like $650K, if so double what an original recently fetched in Monterey.

And the price was.....?? I seem to recall reading something like $650K, if so double what an original recently fetched in Monterey.

Well, it DOES have a leather interior and air conditioning, after all! :laugh:

Nothing at Canepa Design seems to have a price on it. Everything is subject to negotiation....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It's a beautiful car to be sure...

It's most likely one of these deals -
Price? If you have to ask - you probably couldn't afford it...

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Yes, that has been on Ebay several times @ $650,000.00. It is not actually the first continuation car, but is the only continuation car built in 2008 for Lola's 50th anniversary. If no one buys it maybe they will just send it to me. After all, I've been very good this year, and Christmas is just around the corner.

I hope this is not deemed too picky, but it is not the only T70 produced by Lola in 2008. It is the only Coupe. There were two Spyders as well. It is the most recent continuation coupe, not the first continuation coupe. Also, the Lola sold at Monterey was not an original in the historic sense of the word as it has a tube framed or non-original type chassis according to those having inspected it (I'm sure it is a nice car though). The original price of the continuation car at Canepa's in GBP and the difference in exchange rates between 2008 and 2010 has something to do with the pricing today. Lola can/will still build you one if you so desire. The fact that this one has leather, AC, and a street use tag is something new for Lola, and most interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Mike,

Is that place cool are what?

His personal museum upstairs, he has two 917s', a 962, A beautiful Nissan IMSA prototype, a big Lancia Le Mans car, F1 Tyrell...............nice stuff.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Also, the Lola sold at Monterey was not an original in the historic sense of the word as it has a tube framed or non-original type chassis according to those having inspected it (I'm sure it is a nice car though).

Interesting, as it was certainly hyped up to be the last of the original chassis (#73-135) with letter of authenticity from Lola and further endorsement from John Starkey, but I didn't inspect it.

Maybe I am being too harsh regarding the term "original". I do not mean to disparage the car that was sold but at the same time I want to express that the sale is not a meaningful benchmark of the value of other T70s. After 45 years no two are alike. John certainly is better connected to the T70 histories than I.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as a P.S to Johan's words, current UK market would dictate around £450-650,000 for a good original Mk3 with history and around £750,000 for an "original" 3b. We, sorry I meant Lola, did build one more 3b after the one in this thread that is now owned and raced in the Masters series by Justin Meiers, maroon with grey stripe. This too was built as a road car with all the leather and bells and whistle's, but Justin states that the AC is very handy during races. It's the same system that Lola use on the current Lola/Astons and such.
Cheers. Darren

am besten ist selberbauen . das ist billiger und man hat den meisten spaß und wenn die lola mal ferig ist viele freunde die damit fahren möchten.

hier noch ein paar fotos von meiner lola
gruß olf

Attachments

• IMG_3469.jpg
    IMG_3469.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_3934.jpg
    IMG_3934.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_3792.jpg
    IMG_3792.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_3521.jpg
    IMG_3521.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 481

Keith

I hope this is not deemed too picky, but it is not the only T70 produced by Lola in 2008. It is the only Coupe. There were two Spyders as well. It is the most recent continuation coupe, not the first continuation coupe. Also, the Lola sold at Monterey was not an original in the historic sense of the word as it has a tube framed or non-original type chassis according to those having inspected it (I'm sure it is a nice car though). The original price of the continuation car at Canepa's in GBP and the difference in exchange rates between 2008 and 2010 has something to do with the pricing today. Lola can/will still build you one if you so desire. The fact that this one has leather, AC, and a street use tag is something new for Lola, and most interesting!

If I had the money Johan that would be in my garage in a heartbeat (alongside a 917 of course!)

hallo keith, ich habe meine lola selber gebaut .
gruß olf

Attachments

• motor 017.jpg
    motor 017.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_0729.jpg
    IMG_0729.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_2026.jpg
    IMG_2026.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 621
an OLF59,

schaut fantastisch aus !!!
ist die karosserie auch eigengefertigt oder erworben ?
ist das fahrzeug "zulassungsfähig" in deutschland oder nur für trackdays ??
trage mich auch mit dem gedanken "endlich" mal was anzugehen...grüsse aus wien

also ich habe das cassis komplett selber aufgebaut. carosserie und aufhängungsteile habe ich in england erworben. meine lola bekommt eine deutsche 07 er nummer als fahre ich damit auf der straße.
gruß aus dem schwarzwald olf

Back