Silverstone Classic 2009 !

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Darren

Great video short. The car looks fantastic.

I enjoy ALL things Lola T70 mk3b, so please keep posting.

Regards Brian

Thanks Brian.

I've got absolute reams of stuff from the 3b continuation car builds that I keep thinking I should do a feature on sometime. Funny that with the popularity of the T70 that Lola didn't come and document any builds for themselves. It's a shame as all that detail would be lost for ever, as there is very little on the original cars build process. Hmm, maybe I'll start putting something together.

Darren

nice video thanks, looked over your car at the classic and have some pics of it!

Thanks Chris. Unfortunately am completely out of Motor racing now and have no contact with T70's anymore. A great era in my life now passed. Built all the continuation cars, restored or repaired most of the originals and helped run a couple of the quickest still racing. And built the engines of the only T70's to win races on the full Le-Man circuit, Carlos Barbot's Mk3b 76-136 and Claude Nahum's Mk3 73-110. Do I miss it? what do you think.....

Darren

Thanks Chris. Unfortunately am completely out of Motor racing now and have no contact with T70's anymore. A great era in my life now passed. Built all the continuation cars, restored or repaired most of the originals and helped run a couple of the quickest still racing. And built the engines of the only T70's to win races on the full Le-Man circuit, Carlos Barbot's Mk3b 76-136 and Claude Nahum's Mk3 73-110. Do I miss it? what do you think.....

Darren

i bet you do miss them. you must be v proud of the engines having won big events like that :thumbsup:

Funnily enough I am. I started out as an engine builder, at Nicholson Mclaren, and built DFV's for F1, F3000, and Group C, and although they had many race and championship wins, you always felt slightly detatched. Historic racing is a lot more grass roots and ultimately, more personal.
Blimey, this post is in danger of turning into my life story.......

Cheers

Darren.

Back