T70 spyder wide rear

I bought a damaged rear body panel supposedly off a genuine car but it is considerably wider than my original Mk 111 rear end probably 3 inches per side. It flares out beyond the sills I would think the rear of the sills would be widened to use it.
Is anybody aware of a car which used a wider rear have looked at a lot of original photos but can't see anything as wide.
Over to the T70 detectives!!!

Attachments

• rear2.jpg
    rear2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 365
  • rear1.jpg
    rear1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 346
  • rear3.jpg
    rear3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 330
If I had to guess I would surmise that it might have been on Surtees MK IIIB Spyder but I could not find a picture of it ....and I looked.

I had similar thoughts to you Johan. Maybe this car. It did have a shunt that damaged the rear end after it lost a tyre valve. If I recall correctly it ran 14" rears. Ex Peter Dunn-DUST Racing-run car.

Darren

Attachments

• FXCD0585.JPG
    FXCD0585.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 328
This is a 12" wheel and tire on SL71/17 and it is a tight fit on a slightly flaired tail. I would say the big flair was for 17" wheels and feel that the rear end in question was possibly used on the Scuderia Fillipinneti car SL76/151 that was converted to an Interserie Spyder by Franco Sbarrow but cannot find a photo.

Attachments

• 2010-07-16_19.24.11.jpg
    2010-07-16_19.24.11.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 341
Just out of curiosity Mark, but where/whom did you buy it from. Might give a trail back to the car its from.

Darren

Thanks for the feedback guys I looked at pictures of the Surtees car but the sills don't aqppear to be flaired,I offered it up roughly to my car and the sills would need to flair at the rear, the tail is 6 foot 10 inches across the arches, I will get the fiberglass repaired and take some pictures on the car.
Darren the guy I bought it off purchased it from the owner of the car, not sure when the accident happened but it was a fairly substantial and expensive repair to the rear he mention the car coming from or going to Japan? I will ring him back and try to get more details about the car and owner, thanks for the feedback so far.

Back