T70 heaven today at Doinnington

anyone else there today for the Historic racing?
lots of T70s in action, plus Gt40s, great weather, top day. sunburnt now !

olly was very quick, was leading then was 2nd, unfortunately we had to leave at 7.20pm to drop a mate off for a night out, the last race wasnt due to finish until approx 8pm. was very exciting to see them going flat out again at donny. qualifying was pretty good in the morning, there was a nice t70 spyder going well in addition to the mk3s. recognised quite a few of the cars this time round and saw olly in quite a few different races, he gets about a bit doesnt he!
spent some time studying the Group C sportscars in the pits (Jaguars, Spice, Nissan R90) in close detail, they are serious works of automotive art, fearsome beasts, will be interesting to see their lap times from today to see how the T70s compare

all in all quite a good day for £22. not much in the way of trade stands, no threat as yet to the Silverstone classic but a good start in the right direction. we stayed for 9hrs which is saying something!

I heard briefly from my mate running Olly's car that he won:). He does get around a bit but his family do have a fair few cars..
Got a soft spot for Group C as I built engines for the formula back in the day when at Nicholson Mclaren.

Darren

spent some time studying the Group C sportscars in the pits (Jaguars, Spice, Nissan R90) in close detail, they are serious works of automotive art, fearsome beasts, will be interesting to see their lap times from today to see how the T70s compare

Got some comparison times today.

Olly Bryant T70 Mk3 Fastest lap 1:[email protected] mph
versus
Bob Berridge Sauber/Mercedes C11 1:00.7@116 mph.

Looking down the times though, Olly would have made the Group C grid in a car 20 years out of date ;)

I hear Frank S is out of hospital and recuperating at home.

Darren

That's short circuit too, no Melbourne Loop. I'd think most of that time is made up in braking and corner speed rather than acceleration. Plus the Gr C cars were on slicks and T70 on Dunlop post historic treads.

Darren

Back