Computer Fabricated Dash Panels

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
I was searching potential ways to fabricate a new dash panel system for my Lola T70 and came upon this company. The have a very unique business model:

You start by downloading their free design software, choose your material and finish, including thickness, configure your own panel, including mounting holes, instrument cut outs, labels, trim etc. As you are building your panel the software calculates the costs. When you are finished and satisfied with your design and price, you submit the model/order electronically and they computer fabricate your panel. Very cool concept!

I am working mine up now and will report back on the final product. If anyone has used them before, please comment.

Front Panel Express: Front Panel Design Software and CAD Conversion Service

I just downloaded the program to play with, and it seems pretty solid. Even lets you choose your font and letter coloring, countersink, blind holes for future additions. Have a good feeling I'll use them when the time comes. Nice find!

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
Re: Computer Fabricated Dash Panels -Follow-up

I was searching potential ways to fabricate a new dash panel system for my Lola T70 and came upon this company. The have a very unique business model:

You start by downloading their free design software, choose your material and finish, including thickness, configure your own panel, including mounting holes, instrument cut outs, labels, trim etc. As you are building your panel the software calculates the costs. When you are finished and satisfied with your design and price, you submit the model/order electronically and they computer fabricate your panel. Very cool concept!

I am working mine up now and will report back on the final product. If anyone has used them before, please comment.

Front Panel Express:*Front Panel Design Software and CAD Conversion Service

Fantastic Results! I received a machined panel, drilled to perfection, anodized, engraved and filled for $137.00 including shipping. Beautiful work and a turnaround time of 7 days.

Here's the finished product in my Lola.

Attachments

• IMG_4335 (1280x853).jpg
    IMG_4335 (1280x853).jpg
    787.6 KB · Views: 703

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
If Eric Broadley could dump the Aston Martin engine for Chevrolet...I should certainly be permitted to use a few gauges made in the US. I did opt for Lucas switches, if that's any consolation. Let's not even mention the German transmission!

Glen,
FWIW, I like them :) Give a nice aerospace look, which I guess is where a lot of inspiration came from around those times.

Question on the software, can you do rotary position at a constant radius say like: Off, L, M, H; or a graduated colouring of Blue to Red for a rotary heater dial? Had a look and it looks quite nice, but didn't see this ability, but maybe I missed it? I'll have 3 rotary dials in mine eventuall (Fan, Heat and Wiper) so that's why it's of interest to me. Thanks

Brett

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
I would suggest you surf around their website and email them your questions directly...they are extremely nice and responsive folks. I found this one example on their product showcase that appears to be what you had in mind.

By the way, if you don't want to take the time or struggle with new software, they will design for you...just send them drawings and your specs.

Front Panel Express: Custom Front Panel Designs & Enclosures - Instrument Panels

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry for the confusion...I really stepped over the line, I've got a Porsche G50 in mine...hence, the reference to a German gearbox. My American gauges are a minor transgression in comparison.

Back