Goodwood

WOW! Those boys and their expensive toys really play for keeps. Stunning stuff though. Great to watch and something I need to add to my bucket list.

Oh, Jimmy you must! I had been a GRRC member for a good number of years and attended the Revival every year since 2000. Missed the last two though.

Talk about living a dream.....

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Those Pommies sure get stuck into it --er, I mean Brits, they're only Pommies when they end up in Australia :D have to watch the footage again :thumbsup:

Awesome, watched this in the flesh from Madgwick but so good to see this video as had not seen 99% of the footage. :driving:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
My goodness, great stuff!

You Brits don't mess around when you historic race!

Great race, thanks Chris

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I believe some historic racing stateside is more like gentlemens racing with draconian penalties for spinning or contacting another car. I have been told that if two cars contact, then both drivers face total exclusion. And I think that's for ever, not just the one meeting regardless of who is right/wrong. Charming...

On the clip that Chris posted, two of the mentioned drivers are racing at the SKOPE Classic this weekend. Jay Esterer in a McRae GM1 F5000 and Chris Chiles in his Lotus Elan. Both guys are regular competitors out here. As are many other internationals. Incidentally the F5000 entry is 34 cars so it will be a mighty weekend. And they will all be actually racing proper. Great to watch!! :thumbsup:

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
So what you are telling me Russ is that racing in the US of A is a mobile concourse.

Goodwood 2011 - one Cobra did not make it thru PRACTICE let alone the racing part

Attachments

• now you see it.jpg
    now you see it.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 298
  • now you dont.jpg
    now you dont.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 320
  • quick polish reqd.jpg
    quick polish reqd.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 272

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Ouch! that woulda hurt $$$

Bloody stirrer Trev:laugh: mind you a lot of the "cams" races are a bit like that here too --mobile concourse events:blank:

"really like driving on old tires"- got that lads, thats historics

Last edited:
Back