To Build or not to build, that is the question...

Hello to everybody!! I have some questions about the Lola T70 Mk3b as an older guy I remember seeing these cars on TV (my Brother loved racing cars) so I watched with him. I even remember talking my perents into buying me a Hot Wheels car of the same car! Today at the age of 48 I really want a Mk3 but in todays market of course I can't afford one, unless I win the Lotto or someone is willing to pay me 6 figures a year!! LOL!! But I've join here to get ideas and resources and connections to other builders. Specially I love Marcus Thread, building his own Mk3!! I have resources on tools that with the right plans and measurements I can make my own panels. Question #1) Where can I get a set of plans be it blue or CAD of the Mk3? Question #2) Where a can I get a set of plans for the Jig? And Question #3) Woud be cheaper just to find or have one made from the formost knowledgeable Person or company, and who are those? I'm sure if Lola still makes those tubs, they would cost an arm and a leg, my youngest son, wife and my dog. Well I need my arms and legs! Maybe the rest, LOL! My plans are to built it piece by piece until having all the Monocoque panels ready to be assembled. Just to make sure this is a long term project that im imbarking. I will be a happy camper as long as I have all the panels done and I can worry about the rest. Hope to make lots of friends here and have lots of advice from all of you...

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ricardo

I have some pictures you might be interested in. PM me your email address.

Regards Brian

:thumbsup:
hallo ricardo,
leider schreibe ich auf deutsch da ich nicht so gut englisch kann.also bei mir war auch mit 45 jahren die frage was sinnvolles zu tun. ich war auch immer ein fan von lola t70 und habe mich entschlossen eine lola t70 zu selber zu bauen.ich habe mir als erstes einen tamiya 1.18 modell gekauft.dieses modell hat schon relativ genaue maße.dann habe ich mir aus holz ein chassis gebaut und nach und nach dann das ganze auto .siehe bilder .allerdings hat das bis jetzt auch 8 jahre gebraucht.ich hoffe dieses jahr fertig zu werden .
gruß aus dem schwarzwald meinolf

Attachments

• Bild 121.JPG
    Bild 121.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 615
  • Bild 124.JPG
    Bild 124.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 585
  • Bild 125.JPG
    Bild 125.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 670
  • motor 019.JPG
    motor 019.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_3935.JPG
    IMG_3935.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_0762.JPG
    IMG_0762.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_1122.JPG
    IMG_1122.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_1554.JPG
    IMG_1554.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_2530.JPG
    IMG_2530.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 597
Hi Ricardo

Check out Fran Hall at Race Car Replicas on this site.
I have a Lola T70Mk3b Replica from Fran and it's great.
One of my friends has just bought one of Fran's Lola cars sold here on this forum and he to is over the moon with his car to.

Ricardo,
Time wise it is cheaper to purchase a completed car as the market is soft right now.
But if you are short on $$ look for either an incomplete project or check out the vendors if you are looking to save time.
If you are really ambitious follow Meinolf and build your own with a tube chassis or another member who is building a Mono chassis. I wish I had the time to do the same as either of them as it would teach my son a lot about problem solving.
Depending on where you live there may be one of these cars near you.

Brian has some really good Lola photos.

John has a sweet ride and if his friend purchased the red RCR70 that must be one fast ride.

Do a bunch of research on the forum, talk with as many of the members as possible and maybe even take a trip to visit some of them to check out their cars.
Have a great day
Mark

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I think he lost interest real fast. He hasn't been back on the forum since Feb. 08.

Regards Brian

Olf love the look of what you're doing. Can't speak/read German so at a loss. But I gather you up-scaled a Tamiya model kit? Love the way you've obviously modeled it in wood for the frame before cuting steel. Very smart. Wood is a lot cheaper & easier to handel than steel & I'm more of a carpenter than a metal worker LOL. Great way to work out all your measurements & layout. Did you start with a body to go by? Any more photos?
Mike S

hallo mike, hire my first roll out to the garage. next week paint my lola body shell in sunoco blue and withe strips and many decals.
gruß meinolf

Attachments

• Bild 200.JPG
    Bild 200.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 440
  • Bild 201.JPG
    Bild 201.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 665
  • Bild 204.JPG
    Bild 204.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 664
  • Bild 205.JPG
    Bild 205.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 496
  • Bild 202.JPG
    Bild 202.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 467
Looking really great. Can't wait to see the pix of it finished. I really love the T-70 AHHHH maybe some day LOL.
Mike S

Jim,
Those tires look like Pirrelies like Tom has on his RCR.
At least the tread pattern looks the same.

That is a great looking T70:thumbsup:

Mark

for all,
alu rims orginal lola ,front 8x15 rear 14.5 x 15 ,
tires pirelli pzero assimetrico front 225x50 /zr15 rear 345x35/ zr15
street legal to 270 km/h
the rims are cut and then from german factory (TÜV)welded together
olf

hallo, would like to say that I have no drawing for the chassis.learning by doing
hire foto from pant shop
olf

Attachments

• Bild 195.jpg
    Bild 195.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 415
  • bilder 006.jpg
    bilder 006.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 423
  • bilder.jpg
    bilder.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 410