Getting in and out of a RCR T70 Coupe

Hi all, I am new to the forum and after I finish up my Biplane restoration project I am considering a RCR T70 or SLC coupe, though leaning toward the T70. How difficult is it to get in out of the T70 street coupe. I see the doors are a bit narrower than the SLC.

Of the two, I think the SLC will be much easier for ingress and egress. The door opening is larger, and the overall height of the car is higher.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Will is correct...the T70 has a very narrow door opening , as its the same as the original from the 60's
The side sponsons also make ingress and egress a little more taxing but that's the joy of vintage cars...no pain , no gain...

The SLC is more practical in many ways though..

Easiest way, if you have the forward hinging Mk3b doors, is to open the door, step over sidepod into the seat and slide on down. Not quite so easy with the Mk3 door, you have to kind of back yourself in :)

Darren

I am thinking the best way will be to go to Michigan and take an try out the entry/egress. Though I am afraid I would be tossing cash at Fran afterwards.

Proth,
If you venture north to central Maine I have one of Fran's RCRT70's that you could sit in....
I do agree with Fran that the older style is really cool...
Regards,
Mark M

Back