Door hinges

I'm working on my Lotus & would like to make the doors hinge along the front edge like the T70 coupe. Could some body please post some good pix of the hinges? Particularly the one at the door/fendr joint. The top one I assume is more of a balace point to stedy the door. While the main weight & hinging action is at the fender. Chevron B16s also ginge the same way. Aligning the hinges for the same axis is important I assume? Thanks Mike S.

I think a more substancial hinge at the fender is needed. More of a "C" hidden one? Something like a trunk or hood hinge. I'm not exactly sure how to explain what I'm looking for. If I keep them, the Lotus has electric windows & the bottom is heavier. Fran how does the RCR T70 door hinge?

Mike:
Try this link. I found some photos on the forum.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/lola-t70-lounge/30469-mkiiib-door-hinges.html

I have a set of hinges but I am going to re-fab them in stainless steel.

Frank,
If you fab up a set of the original style door hinges for a T70mk3b I may be interested in a set as that is one of those items that really has me scratching my head.

The continuation cars had a more substantial hinge that looks like half of a stainless steel offset boat locker hinge attached to the door but I do not know what the other half looks like.
Regards,
Mark

Back