Marauder T70 Possible Purchase

Hello Fellow Enthusiasts; I've been afforded the possibility of purchasing a Marauder T70 kit car

It is a rolling shell, has a ZF 5DS-25-2 transmission, a Volkswagen frontend, a Corvair rear suspension, a 1985 Corvette 350 CI engine, a welded square tube frame.

It is missing ALL the glass & a long list of missing parts.

My question/s amongst many are...remove the ZF transmission from a valuation estimate &...What is the value of the rolling shell in it's current condition?

Are parts still available for a Marauder T70 kit car? or am I looking for a white Unicorn in a field of 4 leaf clovers?!

Will various parts from a RCR Lola T70 kit car fit/interchange with a Marauder kit car?

I have learned from past experiences about buying uncomplete "project" cars & the ensuing nightmares of "What was I thinking??!!"

The Lola T70 is a BEAUTIFUL example of automotive styling & racing history, would ENJOY assembling/owning/driving a well built kit car.

Just need to know/understand, HOW BIG is the Can of Worms I might be fully opening!!!...THANKS to ALL for their input/advice/experiences!!!...Regards, Mark

There was an interesting thread on a SA locatesd Marauder t70 and its rebuild on this site a ew years ago = engage the search function.

I would say the body may be of some value and of course the ZF, but the rest of it is not worth much today. The suspension is going to be good for just holding the rest up off the ground, any spirited driving would be an exercise in embarrassment.

dean

Supporter
I was contemplating to called the gentleman selling the T70. I couldn't justify paying for what he is asking since only thing that is valuable is the transmission. RCR entry level is higher but more complete. Plus having to redesign the suspension would take time. Time is money. Of course everything have a price. If it was reasonably priced I wouldn't pass on it.

Back