MK1 or MK2 Spyder Kit Availability?

I've been searching for a kit, preferably in the US to build, but am having trouble finding any. I see that RCR used to make a MK1 (I think?) kit but now they only have the MK3 on their website. I really like RCR, I've got a couple of friends with their cars and I've seen the build quality, it's outstanding. I just prefer the curvy lines of the MK1/2 to the MK3.

Is something I'm going to have to order from overseas? I sent a message to Gardner Douglas about theirs, but haven't received a response, been waiting about a week now. I like their chassis design, but having to source parts from the UK makes me hesitant. Especially since the exchange rate is so bad.

Should I try emailing RCR to see if they will still sell a non-MK3 kit even though it's not on their site?

Would appreciate any advice or guidance!

Maybe Google Images in fooling me into thinking I know more than I do. Because I look at RCR's website and they show a MKIIIB Spyder that looks different than some of the results I get from Google. What I want is the attached picture. I see differences from RCR's in the headlights, small differences in the nose (maybe my imagination). Which version of the T70 Spyder do I want?

Attachments

• lola-mk-ii-spyder-01.jpg
    lola-mk-ii-spyder-01.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 815
Yeah you want a T70 then, so do I lol. You may want to check out LMP-Engineerings M1, they are in Germany. You also have the Broadley Mk2 Spyder or T160. Good luck, post your findings.

Ron Earp

Admin
Call Fran at RCR. I had one of their Lola T70s spyders and it was a great car. I had the Heritage nose on mine, but I know he's built MKIII nosed spyders before.

Thanks for the information Ron, your build was actually what I was using as an example when I emailed Fran at RCR. I'll make the call when I'm ready to order, I don't like bothering people on the phone for just a simple inquiry. I guess it turned out to not be as simple as I thought. The RCR website shows only MKIII fronts, not the Heritage nose, so that's why I was confused. I thought perhaps they were completely different cars, which is where the confusion came in. Fran e-mailed me back and cleared it up, saying they do still offer the heritage nose, so I'm happy about that. :)

Thanks!

Back