MkIV - J10

It seems the last Mk IV, s/n J10 is for sale.
I do not have my books here, but I think I remember that there never was a J10 originally and it was only built on a spare chassis much later (Rod Leach? Holman&Moody?).
Can anyone give me the details????

J-10 is indeed for sale. It was rebuilt into a MK4 coupe many years ago. It was complete and is now apart for restoration. It has full documentation from day 1. It was original raced as a Can Am roadster. It has a 427 tunnelport and T-44 along with a few spare MK4 body panels. I do have pics and can put any serious buyers in touch with the right people. THe price is around 1.5m

Thanks, Jay

Thanksforthe quick response.
When the Agapiou bros built the cars, which chassis did they use?
Is the current J10 still on that original chassis?

This car is on its original tub and always has been. It is J-10. It was originaly built as an open Can Am car and ran several different types of big block ford engines. Probably 494, 427 tunnelport and the 427 caliope. It had a minor crash and was retired as the Agapiou Brothers were about done racing anways. It sat around for years pretty well stipped. It was bought for the first Shelby American museum project in Dallas by a guy who had big plans and he had the car rebuilt by a couple of Shelbys old fabricators into a MK4 coupe with a bunch of leftover original MK4 parts. The main tub and all suspension parts and all driveline was normal MK4 anyways. The only real changes were to the bodywork and lack of a roof. The car is now a MK4 but only has race history as a can am roadster.

J-10 is indeed for sale. It was rebuilt into a MK4 coupe many years ago. It was complete and is now apart for restoration. It has full documentation from day 1. It was original raced as a Can Am roadster. It has a 427 tunnelport and T-44 along with a few spare MK4 body panels. I do have pics and can put any serious buyers in touch with the right people. THe price is around 1.5m

Thanks, Jay

This is very interesting since the last time I checked the SAAC Shelby Registry J-10 was owned by Mr. Peter Portante, Mr. James Holden and myself. J-10 was raced as a Can-Am roadster and was changed to MK-IV body. Maybe you know something that we are not aware.

Nowhere did I state who the owners were. I was stating the facts and letting any potential buyers on here know the correct info. Everything in my post is accurite and the car is in CT and for sale. Or maybe you know sometthing I don't?.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Seeing how at least two of the three owners of J-10 are on this board and neither have confirmed its for sale status I would go back and check my facts.

Always nice for an owner to find out his car is for sale.......

Tell me, is it or is it not for sale???

You have to ask the two elder in the trio. One of them collects MK-IV wheels and the other is living is childhood dream with is son's racing. But "almost" everything has a price.

This response from one of the "elder" owners... (the one with the magnesium wheel fetish);

"From time to time we get inquiries concerning the potential sale of J-10. While it would be imprudent not to consider them, our intention is to finish the restoration of the car as a coupe/GT ( MK-IV), the purpose for which the chassis was originally constructed."

Jim

J10's journey continues... a little paint and "powder". We're getting closer... finally.

Attachments

• IMG_0508 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0508 (Medium).JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,121
Back