MKII 1966 le mans winner

Hello everybody.

I'm looking after pictures of this car, the #2, driven by McLaren and Amon in 1966.

Especially under the front and rear hoods.

I've searched on Google, but didn't find many pictures.

Thanks for your help.

Olivier.

Last edited:
Re: MKIII 1966 le mans winner

Hello everybody.

I'm looking after pictures of this car, the #2, driven by McLaren and Amon in 1966.

Especially under the front and rear hoods.

I've searched on Google, but didn't find many pictures.

Thanks for your help.

Olivier.

Car is a MK II. I was told it recently sold.

Brian Stewart
Supporter

Sorry about the low resolution. I have some higher res exterior ones I will hunt out for you.

Attachments

• 1046 1.jpg
    1046 1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,339
Hi Guys you're absolutely right, I did a BIG mistake in my title. I've edited it.

@Brian: Thanks for the picture! Even if low res.

@Johan: Sorry but not sure to understand your post. Was it you car?

Thanks again

Olivier.

Darnel A.

Supporter

True dat... and the really good news is that I get a Bentley Speed 8 driving suit
out of the deal ! The MK II has moved to Greenwich Villiage.

Did you mean Greenfield Village, where the 1967 Lemans winning MKIV lives?

Darnel

Gosh no not my car but I tried unsuccessfully for years to get the previous owner to adopt me. Did not work but he does call me nephew. I got a Bentley driving suit because he got a Bentley Speed 8 and is nice enough to share it if I have the nerve to drive it which is still debatable. I did not mean Greenfield Villiage but may have mis-spelled what I wrote. Hope this helps !

I have a lot of pictures of it as well as some in-car video. What exactly are you looking for ? For instance, the oil tank ? Yes he sold it as Jim G. first stated. He was not racing it anymore and it was sort of just sitting there. He had all the fun a guy could have with it from the time he found it in a box in Belgium to restoring it, racing it, and most recently sharing it with the forum members at Road America last summer.

Here are some nice pictures from the Shelby American Collection (they displayed the car for a time)

http://shelbyamericancollection.org/collection/p1046.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
THanks to a very kind member, I now have some good pictures of this car.

Would any of you know what kind of gearbox was set on this car? THe ZF one or the Riccardo?

Thanks for your replies

Olivier.

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Olivier:

I have several relatively high resolution photos of the cars engine compartment and interior that I took at the LeMans Classic in 2006. Send me your email address and I will forward them to you.

I remember seeing this car at my first Monterey Historics in 97 and being stunned that such a famous car was just sitting under at canopy in the paddock, shortly to be wrung out on the track by Brian Redman. If i recall, there was an interesting history to the car, it having been converted to street config with A/C and left hand drive, then more or less left to sit for many years.

Needless to say, I've been back to Monterey every year since -- hope the car makes it back one of these days.

Back