Wanted; Historically correct Gulf driving lights.

Ok,

I've looked everywhere I can think to look. Can anyone tell me definitively if the correct round driving lights as used on the GULF liveried cars are the Marchal TP 27SP lights, or something else.

I'm not interested in something that looks similar...I would like an authorative answer as to what is correct?

Anyone know for SURE?

Thanks, Ron

Hello Ron, hello everybody (sorry Ron, I missed your email).

Anyway, my belief was that the lights were TP27SP but after having seen on racingicons website a pic with part of the bucket, they clearly cannot be TP27SP.

What I know (but how this is sure?) is tha the lights were Marchal. So here are a few options according to the era :

Simca 1000 Marchal front lights (Marchal 128), they took the rear tail lights so they can have taken the front too from the same car ,
Very early driving lights from the citroen DS (hard to find as these are the version without the driving lights turning with the steering wheel),
And having seen a pic of the lemans bucket in a gt40 book, the renault Juva 4 bucket looks very similar, I need to investigate about the light size.

There are also a version for the citroen 2cv with the correct size and brand (marchal) but th emounting is not correct.

These are all the cars I know fitted with the round marchal 5.25 lights.

Greetings

Stephane

Back