Gt40 1045 in car video, SAAC-37

A couple of laps in 1045 during open track at Watkins Glen, June 2012:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1dSIe3IXvo]GT40 at SAAC-37, Watkins Glen, NY, June 14-15, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

FWIW, I met David at the GT40 Reunion at Road America a couple of years ago (he won't remember me from Adam though). I found him to be a really super guy--very quiet and low-key, a guy who quietly appreciates the wonder that is a GT40, enough to step up and spend the big bucks to buy one for himself, which to his eternal credit, he now enjoys with street drives and the occasional track outing.

BTW he isn't the musician:

David Hidalgo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's a physician (if my memory serves) who simply shares the same name.

His car is a lovely, highly original GT40 road car. Thankfully prior owners have resisted the temptation to tart it up and gut it and turn it into a race car. So it still has all the charming, delightful little features that were unique to the road cars, like an ashtray etc.

David--would you mind posting a few photos of your car?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Notice that it has the original clunkly, squeaky brakes that define a GT40!

I remember my first laps at Watkins in P1116 when I tromped down on the pedal and first heard a "clunk" followed by a "squeal" as the car shed velocity at at rate I was not used to!

The Glen is a wonderful place made even better by circulating it only inches off the pavement!

Great HD video quality. The sound level was just right. Smart gearshifts with the gated shifter. That you for posting. I need to get to my larger screen now to better enjoy.

Jim,

Standard ratios, keeps it in the sweetspot. Did not shift past 5500.

Grady,

My first effort with the GoPro, left on all default settings. It rattled around in the case and that's what that clicking noise is all about.

Back