Sad photos of GT40 racing wrecks...

Woooowwwwwwwww....
That Le mans pic remind me my young years !!!
I was there for my 3rd time !!! and watching all GT 40 I promised myself to be
a race mecanic or watever in race world ; watching at the wreck on early morning was so hard to understand how so nice and reliable car have been crashed !

That's tragic. Can you think of any worse or more painful way to go than that? First you're in a horrific accident.....and then, if you're still conscious, you're burned alive. Just terrible.

I one time had a picture of a GT40 in Gulf livery hitting a
wall, seems like it was an old fashioned wall of rocks about 6 ft. high. The car hit on the driver side and you see the driver coming half out of the car at the moment of impactbut I think he came through it OK.
I am amazed the photographer had the presence of mind to still take the picture.
It might be in the Zuma Marketing edition of Ford vs. Ferrari. I no longer have a copy of the book.

Another memorable one is the GT40 that caught on fire when someone in the pits didn't close the gas lids and the outflowing gas hit the exhaust. I think the driver was thinking: I might as well go around the course until I see the pits again. I think the pit crew was not too happy seeing it arrive fully engulfed.

Back