MkII Heads

My father was a GT40 owner for many years so I have a great respect and understanding of these cars. He owned GT104 for more than 30 years and had collected many rare GT40 and Shelby parts. Due to health reasons, he sold the car and is no longer into the automotive restoration business. He has given me his remaining parts inventory and I have been trying to work through it. There are a bare set of MKII 427 aluminum med rise heads in particular that I am trying to value. The casting number is C6FE 6090C and it has a sk#33444 $55A. I was going to use these heads for a 427 build that I have planned, but have thought that maybe a person with a real MKII would need them more than I do and I would go with a set of aftermarket heads from Dove. I also have some MkI 289 GT40 stuff including a bunch of Weber 48IDA-4's and NOS intake. If anyone can shed some light on this stuff I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Juan, SOHC heads were NOT used on GT40, This only really affects the width of the engine as the pushrod heads are smaller and length/height at carbs are approx the same, engine block is the same.

Keith

Juan, SOHC heads were NOT used on GT40, This only really affects the width of the engine as the pushrod heads are smaller and length/height at carbs are approx the same, engine block is the same.

Length of timing chain: A bit longer :)

Keith

Smartass. :)

Have you been shaken about a bit - or are you in the other part? :worried:

6.9?

(Must find out where NZ actually is)

No shakin goin on in my southern zone..yet:)... these quakes seem to be politically selective so far, sticking to the ChCh & Wellington (Capital) so far...Auckland next??. Magnitude & depth of these latest ones seem to have the boffins guessing a bit, seen quotes of 6.2 & 6.6 here, the 6.9 you mention probably has your pesky VAT included!

Where are we...drill a hole straight down thru the core of the planet from your backyard and it should come out within a 1000km of us...that is if your hole drilling is as accurate as I imagine a perfectionist like yourself would be...:)

Keith

"Where are we...drill a hole straight down thru the core of the planet from your backyard and it should come out within a 1000km of us...that is if your hole drilling is as accurate as I imagine a perfectionist like yourself would be."

Ah Jac - as TRUE BLUE and deeply cutting as always. Strange that you should mention the accuracy of our drilling because there is real fist fighting right now up the road about that very subject - and a bunch of Kiwis have been objecting vehemently to our shale rock programme, fearful of the very thing that has rocked KiwiWorld today.

So, now it's too fracking late. The worst case scenario has been enacted and NZ is going to prolapse back into the sea in a shit storm of dead dodos and shattered Ford blocks.

Sorry mate - as you say, we're just plain careless, but truthfully, we were aiming for Tasmania. How close didn't we come?

Our contract says +/- 19,222.48 kms accuracy by the way, which, by my reckoning means we can Frack France with immunity. :)

You need to sharpen up on the accuracy of your fracking act, Hobart/tassie is/was 2271 km (1411 miles) east of wellington. Ford Race blocks are now built sooo strong they will probably survive anything you guys throw at them, just be careful you dont stub your toes on any of those chebbie boat anchors that might drift north in the currents due to your careless fracking activities... in fact the more of those boat anchors drifting your way the better, always were a confused attempt at being a motor..dizzy at the back...oiling system that looks like spagetti...exhaust ports siamesed...nothing other than a a few cockeyed lifter bores to hold the cam in place...I could go on but I am sure you get my drift...:)

Last edited:

Keith

Christ! Not More please God. We had an artificial surf reef built in a town near me a couple of years ago using buggered bow ties.

Guess what? The buggered buggers broke - the Kiwi Cousins Fled and now the props of personal watercraft are being completely buggered all the bloody time on the remains of that flaming disaster that created more waves in the Council Chamber that contracted those idiots to build it than it did in the Bloody Bay. True and what's more the bow ties were all exported from NZ from a shed somewhere near the Hokonui Moonshine Factory. Postcode: JAC1 S0HC

Don't YOU live somewhere around there?

Surf reef maestro Shaw Mead left That Pesky Crooked KIWI ASR 18 months ago - to set up another company building surf reefs The Cheeky Bugger!

Buggers. £500,000 of local taxpayers money....

Hoooray, was about to give up on that little prick, he might come thru with the money yet, had the gift of the gab though, more excuses than a QC inspector in a dodgy car yard:furious:, still, a $ is a $...:).... wont hold my breath though!

BTW, note to mods, can you check the paddock gate, Keith cant seem to make up his mind whether to stay in the paddock or escape out into the big wide world....:)

Last edited:

Keith

It's really really annoying. If they'd have given me only 1/2 that figure I could have buggered up only 1/10th as badly and I'm into massive sound systems not bloody surf reefs!.

A friend of mine invested a considerable amount of cash (around $250,000) building a kind of surfers crash out cuisine style place just up the road. Inistially OK but as the reef failed the surfers stopped. Now bankrupt.

This is only the tip of the iceberg. Times that by 50 similar businesses and that's the TRUE damage of this disaster, let alone the £500,000 originally invested (Sandbags filled with concrete? You gotta laugh though :embarassed:)

The whole idea was to try and relieve the pressure from ghettos of drug rehab centres that has drifted there over the years, and the attendant brothels and dodgy Vietnamese massage parlours that proliferated along Boscombe High street cheek by jowl with family shops.

FAIL! Bloody Shaw Mead FAIL! Hide your stupid Face 'cos if you ever come back around here mate......

Now, if I just advance the left bank a tad and retard the RIGHT bank a smidge I can probably stop piston No. 3 contacting cam follower No. 8 during lunch!

Don't worry Jac, as you can see I know sod all about these wonderful motors.

Sorry for thread drift everyone. It's Jacs blue finger fault.. :)

Back