Ken Miles 2006

Now there are not only replicas of the cobras !! You even have replicas of the drivers ??

I don't know why but every time I read something of Ken Miles it does something.
As a mustang,shelby,cobra and a gt40 fan the name appears everywhere.
I'm much to young to have known the driver but even so have greatinterest in Ken.
One of the most wonderful things written was in Rick Kopec's shelby americanguide on the dedication page :"Shelby American competition director and endurance driver like no other(Daytona,Sebring and-no matter what anyone else says-Lemans,in 1966"

Such a shame that appalling article keeps floating to the surface. It was discredited long ago. A disgrace to Ken's legacy.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Such a shame that appalling article keeps floating to the surface..

Yes, well, thanks "Car, Driver & National Enquirer". It discredits itself (the ear lobes don't match? stop right there...) and should never have run in the first place. But that's true of so much that is published in that magazine.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I know Ken Miles and P/1015 will forever be known as the car that should have won Le Mans and is always in the Light blue/white stripes #1 livery.

But Ken and P/1015 also won the Daytona 24 Hours earlier that year. I would love to see P/1015 in its Daytona winning paint, the old girl deserves to be a winner!

Plus the 1966 Daytona paint scheme is classic, yet we never see it.

I wonder how Ford let them run without the "Ford" included in the side stripes?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I know Ken Miles and P/1015 will forever be known as the car that should have won Le Mans and is always in the Light blue/white stripes #1 livery.

But Ken and P/1015 also won the Daytona 24 Hours earlier that year. I would love to see P/1015 in its Daytona winning paint, the old girl deserves to be a winner!

Plus the 1966 Daytona paint scheme is classic, yet we never see it.

I wonder how Ford let them run without the "Ford" included in the side stripes?

Additionally, that appears to be a MKI nose.

It might look like a MK1 nose but until recently I thought that the MKII humps over the wheel arches were there after the Daytona bottoming of the drivers side suspension because of the banked circuit! In fact it seems that the MkII Le Mans nose was the definative because although they had the drivers side front over the wheel arch cut out and a hump made over them only on that side at Daytona. The same flat front MKII nose was on the Sebring cars as well. It only changed for Le Mans. Unless anyone knows differently?
Regards Allan

Back