This Car Matters

That car matters, because it's probably the last Mark III that hasn't been converted to a race car.

(I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm wrong)

Hi Ben,

GT40/M3/1107 is very original & is part of Ford of Britains Heritage Collection.
Apart from a colour change from Silver Fox metallic to white with blue side stripes, it is very much as built complete with a rather patinated interior. If my memory serves me correctly it may be running a slightly smaller steering wheel to help larger drivers.

It will probably play its usual part at the Revival as a course car next weekend.

Kind regards Steve

ps. see the bottom right hand corner of the you tube screen after watching Gary, all three cars are from the Ford collection.

Last edited:
the seats in 1107 have been made wrong. they are one piece, instead of two like 1103, so it's like trying to sit in a hammock, there is no give. i couldn't even get into 1107 yet i can drive 1103 fine.

Gary let one of the guys from Ford Heritage drive 1103 and he couldn't believe how different and how much nicer 1103 was to drive (1107 is faster though). the guys from Ford heritage are desperate to get hold of 1107 to change a few things like the seats and steering but as it doesn't live with them and they only see it once a year it isn't going to happen yet.

the steering is adjustable in that there are several holes for the columb bolt to go through so it can be put into different positions. not obvious unless you have stripped a car down and found it.

Hello Barry,

Thanks for the interesting information.

Colin & Ivan don't have the resources, or workshop, that they and the cars deserve..... & as you rightly say, in common with other vehicles in the fleet, the GT40 is often elsewhere.

Kind regards Steve

Back