1083 alive and well at CotA

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Attending the SVRA meet at CotA this weekend.
1083 is here.

Dennis Olthoff is here with a MkI, a Cobra and there's a GT350 at his tent, too.
Spoke with him briefly.

I'll have some pictures later... don't worry.
:thumbsup:

FWIW,
Kirby

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Great pictures we need more thanks

No more pictures today.... too busy!

Gray got 1st place in the endurance with his Chevron B16.
Good stuff!
He and his co-driver got a nice medallion each, a trophy and they each get a made to measure Bell helmet with a special paint scheme for the event.

I'll try to take some more pics tomorrow. Lots of walking or shuttle bus to get places. Big track...

Kirby

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Talked to Dennis yesterday, course is good. Jim Cullen in the GT40 "R" is doing well and should grid up front.

Jim was 8th in the qualifying race today. Doc Bundy 1st in a Lotus, Gray next in his B16.

I didn't see 1083 run today...

Kirby

Great pictures!
It was a fantastic event and I will be back racing again next year. The track was awesome and very tricky at first...glad I did the test day. Came in 2nd in GT2 class.

Brian

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Great pictures!
It was a fantastic event and I will be back racing again next year. The track was awesome and very tricky at first...glad I did the test day. Came in 2nd in GT2 class.

Brian

Sorry I didn't meet you! Didn't know where to look.
t was with Gray Gregory most of the time. I'm kinda' biased that way... he's my son in law.
:thumbsup:

He won the Saturday enduro with his Chevron B16. The other races, he was chasing Doc Bundy the whole time. The announcer came over and told Gray that they were the best racing all weekend.
He also won his class with the Chevron B26.
And!
His B16 won 'Fan Favorite'!
That's pretty cool.

I shall now commit heresy, incur Ron's wrath and attach some non-GT40 pictures in this forum.

Kirby

Attachments

• B16.jpg
    B16.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 292
  • b26.jpg
    b26.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 287

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
That's OK, the B16 is just behind the GT40 in the list of beautiful race cars!

Thread drift here....

Thanks! The fans at CoTA seemed to think so, too!

Gray had the B16 cleaned up and prepped with the original livery so he can take it to Classic LeMans next year.

The car can be seen several times in Steve McQueen's movie 'Le Mans', so it should be nice that it goes back to Le Mans so many years later!

Gray has a nice storyboard that he puts with the car when he's not out on the track with it. Shots from the movie, the history, etc.

FWIW,
Kirby

Back