Original GT40 MK1 for sale

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Beautiful, love the colour. It will be interesting to see what it sells for, being a road car, no race history. Any predictions?

Dave

This appears to be the same car that Peter had at Fontana this summer at SAAC. Different wheels. I do not remember it being 1058. I got a shot of the Vin, but can not make out the s/n. I thought 1058 was the car in the Road and Track article that is white and blue.

Attachments

• Mk 1 red.jpg
    Mk 1 red.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,273
  • Mk 1 red 2.jpg
    Mk 1 red 2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 695

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
This is the first time I've seen a GT40 with wire wheels...I always thought I'd like the way they look with them, now I'm sure of it!

Cheers!

Doug

The photo of multiple MkI road cars is in Spain's book. He identifies the Carmen Red one as P1058. The description of owners and history matches Spain's history for P1058 too. P1059 was at one time white and blue.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
This is the first time I've seen a GT40 with wire wheels...I always thought I'd like the way they look with them, now I'm sure of it!

Cheers!

Doug

Doug

Early cars were sold with Borriani Wire wheels
When raced the wheels were a weak link and Halibrands fitted

Ian

I made some replacement parts for 1058 and it was here in New Jersey. The car was white with blue stripes, and originally had wires which were changed over to halibrands..Just my 2c but I remember the car and the owner mentioned in the ad was different.
Cheers
Phil

Jim:
This car was owned by Harvey Siegel, and was garaged not 5 miles from my shop, I know it was sold about 5 years ago but not who bought it...but it was definitely 1058.
Cheers
Phil

There is two wonderfull original GT40 in Legendary's Show Room, 1028 and 1058
if you go around Toronto, it worth a visit at Legendary Motor Car

Attachments

• GT40P1028.jpg
    GT40P1028.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 472
  • FM_LMC 2013.jpg
    FM_LMC 2013.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 604
Back