1965 targa florio Bondurant GT40 roadster ser. #111

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I really like those wire wheels, makes it looks time correct, all the great sports cars of that time frame had wires.

Bill, thanks for posting this article. Its a nicely written article IMHO and gave a good sense of what it might have been like to be behind the wheel of such a car since I'm sure I'll never have that opportunity. Shame.

Jack, I agree with your observation as well about the wires. I find it surprising that few, if any members that I'm aware of, don't try to duplicate the look of a 40 with wires. It certainly hits the mark regarding being "era correct" when you see the car with a set of wires on it.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Rick - can you get those in 5 lug 4-3/4" spacing by any chance?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
To use the Borranis on a SPF GT40 the hubs must be splined to drive the wheels and the drive pins replaced with flat head bolts.

There are prices on the Borrani website.....looking at about $9,000 for a set with the three-ear knock-offs.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
To use the Borranis on a SPF GT40 the hubs must be splined to drive the wheels and the drive pins replaced with flat head bolts.

There are prices on the Borrani website.....looking at about $9,000 for a set with the three-ear knock-offs.

I was wondering about that, didn't know if SPF has hubs that are splined or if you have to machine them.

All the original cars had splined hubs correct ?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I didn't see a price but if they were close to being affordable I would buy a set.

Define "affordable".......Donald Trump was in town last with "Trump Force One" a 757 with gold plated seatbelt buckles and suede headliner. Very affordable for the "Donald"...for me, not so much! He is "considering" running for governor in NY so he is doing his dog and pony show to boost his already large ego before reality sets in and he realizes the position is not "King" but "Executive" and he decides his family tree has been investigated enough already.

Back