1108 on Ebay

According to Ronnie Spains book it was one of two spare Mk III chassis (one RHD, one LHD this was LHD)sold early in 1971 via JWA to J.A. Pearce in Southall Middx it was sold on to David Piper who completed the car in 1972 in RHD configuration. All chassis numbers begining P11** were MKIII chassis spares for the MKIII road car and nothing to do with the competition cars MKI GT40's. The last GT40 built from FAV Slough was P1084 and the last unnumber chassis was P1086.
Regards Allan

Last edited:
So is this considered a REAL GT40, A continuation , my problem with these is theres so many stories.....
Is it a mark 1, mark 3 kind of?
What would Ronnie call it? a real mark 1 with exceptions?
TOUGH call as all are so expensive......
GTJOEY1314

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I think at the price I'd get Ronnie Spain's phone number and email address and pay him to meet me there and check the car out. If it's the actual car and Ronnie gives it a clean bill of health then it's maybe worth that. It IS an original car, and if it has its original bits, then fine. The listing doesn't seem a serious one- who's going to buy a two million dollar car on eBay? Anyone with that kind of money didn't get it by being that foolish.

Steve Wood (PANAVIA)

Lifetime Supporter
This is probably a Fishing Trip to get the car out there and have people contact them for Private Sale - that way they dont have to pay a commission to anyone. ( afterall 10% is 10% )

-- Maybe the guy from Hublot is in trouble and needs the $. - neat car - I personally like the quad tail-lights on the MKIish rear clip.

Also is the motor and tranny, dated to the car? There are a lot of questions, but lets face it, it sure is pretty.
GTJOEY1314

Back