Driving J6

Spring is here. Great day for a drive!

Attachments

• unnamedj6.jpg
    unnamedj6.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 437

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Way Cool Jim, driving J6 on the street, I love it.

I remember your comments on some TV show about driving the oldest Ferrari in the world on the street......

You said somthing like if you worry obsessively you just can't enjoy the car, but if you don't obsess, nothing bad will happen........

I love your attitude!

Last edited:
Hi Jim do you have to make a route out so you can pass the required Gas/Petrol stations. What is a MKIV fuel consumption in town? I bet its better than my 1.6 petrol Vauxhall Astra Automatic which eats the stuff up. Enjoy your drive.
Regards Allan

Hi Jim do you have to make a route out so you can pass the required Gas/Petrol stations. What is a MKIV fuel consumption in town? I bet its better than my 1.6 petrol Vauxhall Astra Automatic which eats the stuff up. Enjoy your drive.
Regards Allan

J6 has a lot of fuel capacity. She also has reserve pumps so when the tanks go down you can flip a switch and still have enough to reach a station. My drives are about 100 miles. She seems to get about 12-14 mpg on the road. She's great on the road and when she raced at Le Mans those were basically roads so clearance isn't an issue. Ride is firm but not too bad.

Best

Jim, taking your black and yellow beast out on the road is ridiculously cool...top marks sir!
I just have to know the following if you don't mind.....

1) Are you able to play music in her and if so, what tune puts the biggest grin on your face?

2) Would you let your best mate get behind the wheel for a quick spin around the block if he
begged and pleaded....or would you just laugh in his face ( as I definitely would) ?

3) Do you have a nickname for her or do you just stick with J6?

Many thanks.

First, people who have no idea, well, have no idea what just passed them.

Second, people have an idea of what the car represents but probably don't know its the real mccoy and don't know the history when seeing such a car on the road

Third, people know exactly what the car represents and crap themselves when they see it on the road.

I'm in the third group!

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
She does get the "brevity is the soul of wit" award for the shortest VIN I've ever seen....

Jim has been driving her on public roads for decades, now, I think. His car might be the Ford 60s competition car with the most miles on it, come to think of it. Who has driven theirs any further? I doubt anyone has.

Jim, great to see an original getting some street time. What a magnificent street driver!

Too many originals are bought by rich guys with no/little real automotive enthusiasm. The car collects dust out in the show garage and deteriorates over time. Young folks never see them and then they think a Nissan 300Z is a "classic".

I imagine you have to spend a lot of time answering questions at gas stations and such. But I guess being a good ambassador is just part of the job.

Enjoy!

Jim,

good to see you are getting the car car out and enjoying it. Are you considering coming to Crescent Classic again this year? Would be nice to possibly see J6 along side a couple SPF 40's.

Best,

Steve

Jim, taking your black and yellow beast out on the road is ridiculously cool...top marks sir!
I just have to know the following if you don't mind.....

1) Are you able to play music in her and if so, what tune puts the biggest grin on your face?

2) Would you let your best mate get behind the wheel for a quick spin around the block if he
begged and pleaded....or would you just laugh in his face ( as I definitely would) ?

3) Do you have a nickname for her or do you just stick with J6?

Many thanks.

1) No. I have systems in my modern cars and am stuck in 60ies Rock and Roll.

2) I've let friends drive her but only with me in the car and that takes a bit of prep as dead pedal has to come out to fit two pairs of feet.

3) THE FORD

First, people who have no idea, well, have no idea what just passed them.

Second, people have an idea of what the car represents but probably don't know its the real mccoy and don't know the history when seeing such a car on the road

Third, people know exactly what the car represents and crap themselves when they see it on the road.

I'm in the third group!

:)

True.

She does get the "brevity is the soul of wit" award for the shortest VIN I've ever seen....

Jim has been driving her on public roads for decades, now, I think. His car might be the Ford 60s competition car with the most miles on it, come to think of it. Who has driven theirs any further? I doubt anyone has.

40K road miles.

Jim, great to see an original getting some street time. What a magnificent street driver!

Too many originals are bought by rich guys with no/little real automotive enthusiasm. The car collects dust out in the show garage and deteriorates over time. Young folks never see them and then they think a Nissan 300Z is a "classic".

I imagine you have to spend a lot of time answering questions at gas stations and such. But I guess being a good ambassador is just part of the job.

Enjoy!

It is for sure.

Jim,

good to see you are getting the car car out and enjoying it. Are you considering coming to Crescent Classic again this year? Would be nice to possibly see J6 along side a couple SPF 40's.

Best,

Steve

With our new road and race car I'll be testing as we're going to unveil in Geneva in 2015 and race the 24 Hours of Nurburgring in 2015. Our new one will be road legal and owner convertible to a real race car and then back easily. We're approved with a removable roll cage. It will be light and nimble. Think LMP as GT. We hope to sell enough to homologate it for Le Mans but that will be tough. This one will have more downforce than P 4/5 C (over 3000 lbs) and less drag enabling it to have 30KPH more VMAX (About 200 MPH) using 40 less HP. In road configuration it will weigh about 2000 lbs and have 600 HP. 3.5 Liter TT V6. If any of you are at the 24 in 2015 let me know. This one will be a Ring Monster.

Best

I have been following your project since you mentioned it at Crescent. I like the way you are going with it. Will the cars be road legal in the US? Any idea on price point yet?

I have been following your project since you mentioned it at Crescent. I like the way you are going with it. Will the cars be road legal in the US? Any idea on price point yet?

As a "homebuilt" or as Kit cars are possibly yes.

As for price this will be VERY state of the art full carbon fiber chassis etc. and the only reason we'd sell customer cars is to enable us to race Le Mans so we'd need to get serious money per car. Buyers would also get a fully bespoke car in terms of finish and race support should they want to go racing.

Best

Back