GT40 P 1080 for sale

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
This dealer has sold a lot of GT40s and is very familiar with many of them. This will not go cheap, and shouldn't. Someone's going to have a lot of fun with it.

I like the duct tape upholstery. I should have gone for that look. :)

Keith

Thought you had Jimbo :laugh:, but you know, for all your car build up there are very few photos of your car I can remember, in fact, if you ran me over with it, I wouldn't even know it was you.. :)

Care to chuck a few up sometime? Or email me some? Or?......

Colonel, I'm in full agreement.......the stance on this car is spot on and looks stunning in this livery. Time for Lotto!

This is a fantastic car!

One of my best friends, Andy Prill, has been the mechanical minder as well as the principal driver of this car (shared with Lee Maxted-Page, with whom he shares business premises) since 2008. It's performed exceptionally well at Le Mans Classic and a handful of other select venues.

It's an on-the-button, ready-to-go race car for a well-heeled investor/driver. I hope it doesn't disappear into a museum somewhere.

It will be very interesting to see what it sells for. On the one hand, it represents the definitive, ultimate GT40 spec, and is painfully original compared to many "grandfather's axe" GT40s that have been crashed and rebuilt so many times. On the other hand, the fact that it's a 1968 model prevents it from being eligible for the Goodwood Revival (perhaps the only event for which it would not be accepted).

Here's hoping it goes to a fine new home and continues to be seen! I wonder if it will be at Le Mans Classic this year?

Charlie Farley

Supporter
So the rumour goes, there are two other 40's from the Angolan era, with Lola's, 512's etc, still locked away, within the confines of the docks.

This is a fantastic car!
...................... the fact that it's a 1968 model prevents it from being eligible for the Goodwood Revival (perhaps the only event for which it would not be accepted).

Mike,

Not wishing to nit-pick but P1080 competed at the 2013 Revival in the GT40 Anniversary race.

Bill

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I just watched my copy of the DVD last night and do not recall seeing this car. I will keep an eye out for it next time I watch it. Was it not a front runner? Really neat looking car even if the stripes scream 1970s AMF.

I just watched my copy of the DVD last night and do not recall seeing this car. I will keep an eye out for it next time I watch it. Was it not a front runner? Really neat looking car even if the stripes scream 1970s AMF.

Mike

Apologies, I was wrong

Although entered for the Whitsun Trophy (entered by Gary Fitzgerald with drivers Lee Maxted-Page and Andy Prill) P1080 only seemed to appear in the Demo Laps.

Bill P

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
No worries Bill. I like the whole 70s look of the car. Something different and unique.

Back