Life with a GT40 P1005

Nick, I wish we had more stories similar to this to read on the forum. Mr Hipperson is obviously a very fortunate man who's owned some fantastic cars in his days and could probably tell us many tales like this one. I really enjoyed reading this so many thanks for posting the link. One of the links retained letters from a few garages involved in maintaining the car or garages used by Mr H to maintain the car. I took a quick stroll down memory lane in reading them as I lived in Gr. Bardfield as a boy and use to go through the village of Finchingfield on my way to school. Cross the famous hump-back bridge just down from the village pub that sits next to the duck pond and up the cork screw hill to school. Its been years since I've returned to the area but its still vivid in my mind. Sadly I never saw the GT40 while living there and can't imagine what I would have done had I seen it motoring in the area. I do recall seeing a man driving his Aston Martin DB4 most mornings as I waited to go to school and that along with a few other motoring moments is what made me a car nut.

Great story.

Jimmy,

Thanks for the reply, made it worth posting I found his stories and letters really interesting as well but wondered if others would.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Ok ,you can sit on the gear stick,It might improve your demeanour'

LMBO!...even though I have no idea at all what he could have possibly been getting at there! :lipsrsealed:

Back