Dzus EHF 6-60 fasteners

Anyone know of source for buying the Dzus EHF 6-60 aluminum fastener with slotted flat head and diamond-shaped fastening backing. Due to need for originality, Dzus and EHF 6-60 must be engraved on flat head. in Black if available

Wicks Aircraft Supply or Spruce as well.

Although IIRC the larger handled ones (Rad Vent) were custom fabbed and were never a "shelf stock" item.

It is true the EHF6-60 versions are available (supplied now by SouthCo), but I cannot find the 6-60 with the engraved "Dzus" and EHF6-60 on the head of the stud. Hopefully these can be found at a trade fair, somewhere around the globe.

I'm curious as to why you need the engraving on the head as it won't be visible if they're black?

As it is obviously a requirement for you, you could get them engraved if you can't find the ones that you want. You'll probably have more success at an aerojumble-type event as these were originally made for the aircraft industry.

Regards,

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Barry,
As you know these are now quite rare.
They were not painted black on the original cars and they were often retrofitted.
The original Dzus fasteners were supplied to FAV from the local aircraft parts suppliers in Slough and the Southco UK branch still exists. I have the old 1966 UK catalogue and purchased some samples from them but the full Dzus stamp is missing so we resorted to searching the web for NOS parts and we got lucky.
Good luck with your search.
All the best,

Attachments

• EHF6-60 DZUS.jpg
    EHF6-60 DZUS.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 687
Last edited:
I'd be getting in touch with vintage/WWII aircraft restorers. That's the real vintage of that Dzus fastener.

No joke, try to contact Kermit Weeks or one of his restoration mechanics, and nicely ask for his help while describing that you are restoring a historic vehicle.

I'd be getting in touch with vintage/WWII aircraft restorers. That's the real vintage of that Dzus fastener.

No joke, try to contact Kermit Weeks or one of his restoration mechanics, and nicely ask for his help while describing that you are restoring a historic vehicle.

Do you have email address and/or phone number for Kermit Weeks? Thank you in advance. Barry Simmons

Barry,
As you know these are now quite rare.
They were not painted black on the original cars and they were often retrofitted.
The original Dzus fasteners were supplied to FAV from the local aircraft parts suppliers in Slough and the Southco UK branch still exists. I have the old 1966 UK catalogue and purchased some samples from them but the full Dzus stamp is missing so we resorted to searching the web for NOS parts and we got lucky.
Good luck with your search.
All the best,
Jimmy, I would like to send you photo of one of the Dzus fasteners used throughout my car. How do I upload a photo to send to you, on this forum?

Barry,
Take a photo and post it on a web site such as Photobucket. Click on the name of the person on the thread you want to send it to and select Private Message(PM). Type your message and when you are at the point you want to insert the photo, open up Photobucket and select the photo and click on "Direct"and right click over the highlighted area. Chose "Copy". Go to the message and click on the spot you want to place the photo. Choose the picture of the mountain above the posting, and right click its message bar away from the blue "http", and choose paste, and hit "OK" You will get a lot of type in the typing area. Choose"Preview Post" at the bottom. It should show you your post and your picture in the post. Then click on "Submit Reply".
Piece of cake!!!
If you have their email just send it as an attachment.

Bill

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Barry,
I will have some more in a few weeks time if you can wait.
Drop me an email with your photo.
All the best,

Back