Spa 6 hours 2014

What is the chassis number of this GT40 driven by Kenny Brack and Christian Glasel at the Spa 6 hours 2014 ? Thank you.

Attachments

• Ford GT40_Glaesel04.jpg
    Ford GT40_Glaesel04.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 458
I don't know, but it doesn't look like a genuine Alan Mann GT40.
It lacks the typical sills, side scoops, scoops on top of the rear deck.
The rear deck is weird, the rear arches are much too wide for the wheels.

My guess would be a replica. (my 2 cents)

There is a guy who vintage races a GT40 in Europe and claims it is an Alan Mann car. But in fact it's a Superformance replica. Sad....

There is a guy who vintage races a GT40 in Europe and claims it is an Alan Mann car. But in fact it's a Superformance replica. Sad....

Yes, but that is not this car. At Alan Mann replica at Spa is a Gelscoe, at least that is what they said themselves.

John

Keith

It's a shame there were only two Alan Mann lightweights built, especially as there's only six of them left....:sad:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
God forbid someone puts a Superformance gt40 on the track and runs it hard. We need less of those and that. Great looking car and haters gonna hate... screw'em.

Keith

They're all great looking cars whatever they are. The AM's are probably my favourite livery apart from Linden Green. Anything but those pesky Gulf(2) schemes!

However, Gulf (1) scheme was fine and is also at the top of my favourite list.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
I think we all want more cars racing, just remove the criteria that seems to impunge on owners of replicas being honest about the lineage.

Keith

I think we all want more cars racing, just remove the criteria that seems to impunge on owners of replicas being honest about the lineage.

Well there's that reason, but it's somewhat trumped by the fact that there's tons of cash to be had in them thar hills. The risks are low and the rewards are high..at least it has been for the ex chief mechanic of Scuderia Filipinetti (don't want to mention his name - it seems like uttering a profanity).

To be honest, I believe that's the main motivation for cloning (apart from keeping the original safe and warm).

Would be interesting to see Alan Mann's ex SPF running somewhere. Has JP been on track with it - anyone know?

Back