Buying a GT40 in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I'm very new in the forum, but I really love the GT40, so sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Can anyone share contacts/websites from locations in Europe (Portugal or Spain) where I might buy a GT40?

How much do you think that will cost? (Price range)

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

You should provide more infos.

There are at least a dozen of gt40 builders. You should specify what kind of car you'd like. This will also set your budget.

Kit? Finished? Spaceframe? Mono?

You should take a look in the build logs. I think that there's a guy in spain building an RCR.

How complex it is to register a kit car in spain? In france, the most "easy" way is to have it registered in UK, and drive with UK plates...

Olivier.

Thanks for your reply Olivier.

I don't know the kind of GT40 I want, it really depends on the price.

Do you have the link of the guy from Spain?

I'm not from Spain, I'm from Portugal, and it is a bit complex to register a car coming outside Portugal (and expensive).

Thanks for your help.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Miguel

In the UK

Cars are available (occasionally) from about £20 000 upwards
These will be older kits and probably require a fair amount of work

A new Superformance on the road would be about £85 000 (Again depending on specifications this is easy to push higher)

A new Gelscoe will cost about £250 000

Then there are Sothern GT and Tornado sportscars who both do kits and their price lists are easy to find with a Google search

And then GT forte who offer kits and even plans if you want to build and weld up your own chassis

And then there are some manufacturers in Australia and New Zealand and at least 3 in USA

All cars have their good and bad points and if you have any queries on anything post here and someone will be able to explain

Ian

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Miguel,

Welcome and have fun here.
As you can see, all the information is here for you to make a decision.
If you have a budget figure, it will make you searching for the answers
much easier.

Andrew.

Looks like we have a troll....

m_20151111_065313.jpg

Keith

OK found it thanks. Y'all jumped down his throat a bit didn't you? He clearly said "if I had authorisation" and hasn't attempted to post a picture or a link..

So? He's a good guy until he's proved to be a bad guy right? Just point out he needs to be a commercial supporter would be appropriate..

Troll is a bit harsh in my view.

Keith

Ah well there you are you see, Facebook is a complete mystery to me.

Fair play.. I bow to your superior knowledge sir...:thumbsup:

Hello. Wow, what a mess.

I would like to say something, of course. I do have 2 dreams:

Buying a GT40 and buying a 67 Mustang before I die.

I don't have money to buy any of those today. But one day, maybe. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

I use a different name on Facebook to promote the shirts I do as an hobbie. I don't like to use my personal Facebook for that. Period. My name is Miguel Reis im 31 yo and I live in Lisbon (LX).

A word for the moderator - thank you for your fair judgement. In the post I did about the shirt, I did apologize and ask someone to delete it if it wasn't allowed. Sorry if I crossed the line.

A word for Peter Fritsche - how dare you to judge the veracity of my speech based on the money I have or don't have? You said "he gets the guys going here about buying a GT40 in Europe - while he states he has not the funds on FB." How dare you to judge a person this way? Are you rich? Good. I'm not. And? I can't dream?

That was the most disgusting action/speech/logic I have faced in my life.

Troll? Who do you think you are? How dare you?!

Let me tell you something, PETER FRITSCHE, some people are so poor, the only thing they have is money. I despise people like you.

A final word for everyone who helped me with the links. Thank you. I'm new in the board, I have lots of things to read and learn.

I won't post any other sweatshirts on the forum and I'll def need to double check the images I use in them to avoid using unintended copyrighted material.

Wish you all the best. Except for Peter Frische.

Last edited:

Keith

I suppose this is the time that we should say" Why don't we all just go outside and come in again" :laugh:

Dang, I almost apologized.

Until I read this on FB (John Smith)
"I do use a different name on Facebook because I don't want to use my personal account to promote this little hobbie on Facebook"

GT40s.com (Miguel Reis)

"I use a different name on Facebook to promote the shirts I do as an hobbie. I don't like to use my personal Facebook for that. Period. My name is Miguel Reis im 31 yo and I live in Lisbon (LX)."

As I said almost, two different guys, two different continents, two different time zones --- but they claim the same age, post within the same exact hours and both spell hobby wrong. -- same T-Shirt same campaign....

Is it the same guy? Or is it a huge coincidence??

Yeah, mess is right word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back