Alan Mann Car

A beautiful rendition of AMGT/1~2.

Is the MK-II style roof vent a feature of the SPF cars?
Trying to understand the variants better.

Attachments

• Alan Mann spfgt40-roof vent.jpg
    Alan Mann spfgt40-roof vent.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 672
This is a superformance mk1! Changes have been made to brakes, a/c deleted, but for sure an spf basic mk1 platform.

This is a superformance mk1! Changes have been made to brakes, a/c deleted, but for sure an spf basic mk1 platform.

I believe you're correct. The roof vents are a dead giveaway. I also think that the center pin post would be typical of SPF (though they can now be ordered with two now, I believe)... the headers aren't stock, though, and are quite pretty.

The story what I heard in the Paddock were that it was the last survived Alan Mann Racings an original car, which they have now got it back to track.
But was it really an original car.
Reading the text, it's not straight said that it's a recreation.

Very interesting. I hope this would be confirmed some point here that was it really re-creation or was it an original Alan Mann racer from the 60s...

Sure! With a complete conversion package, including webers, Gurney Westlake valve covers, Proper oil coolers, Mirage Chassis, etc etc to make it look like P/1075... Actually , all kidding aside. That might be an "off factory" option... Pay another $10,000 for a complete P/1075 replica package...

I never should write these forums before work ; 4-5am....:-D

Any way just confused these things. Many said it is an original car so
Confusing.

Hello,

Confusion has probably taken place between cars #5 and #7 ?
(Both in Alan Mann colours)

#5 wears the chassis no. AMGT-2 and contains some of that car, I believe.

#7 is a new car as described in previous posts. (sorry haven't got the chassis number to hand)

Steve

Keith

And then there's the SPF MKII that Alan commissioned as a replica of the AMGT's (also in AM colours) that was subsequently purchased by JP from Brighton on AM's demise.

Great Scott! Is it not possible to have a straight forward (non convoluted) GT40 story??? :stunned:

No Keith, this was in my workshop for commissioning after delivery from Sureformance ! Later delivered to AM before his death.

Attachments

• DSCF0435.jpg
    DSCF0435.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 373

Mike Pass

Supporter
Pic taken by me of the same car (Superformance with white nose flashes) in the Enthusiasts Club parking area which was driven to the 2008 Le Mans Classic and on the track by Chris M.
I have a pic of another car in Alan Mann livery which was racing at the Silverstone Classic which did not have the white nose flashes. I will try and find the pic.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_6981.jpg
    IMG_6981.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 323

Mike Pass

Supporter
Ah! Having a senior moment there. The car I photographed at the Silverstone Classic last year did have the white nose flashes. Different road registration number and a few changes for racing. Same car?

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• AM car 1.jpg
    AM car 1.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 378
  • AM car 2.jpg
    AM car 2.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 364
So.......what really was the car number 5 and 7 then? :D
Is there any straight short answer available..... :D

I'm sorry if I make things difficult here, but I have used to search things which I'm interested. Like F1 GTR's, really want to know exact all facts. Just like now the GT40s.....

Back