DSC_0167.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 4,463
  • DSC_0168.jpg
    DSC_0168.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 2,104
  • DSC_0183.jpg
    DSC_0183.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 2,255
Nope, all original parts from GT40s, Cobras and some bodywork from a badly damaged 1960s Ferrari GT racing type. I could only take a few candid shots, as the owner didn't want a crowd of enthusiasts around. The find wasn't confined to bodywork, as there was a small skip (dumpster) full of engine and suspension parts. Buried in the trees and very out of sight, what looked to be rusty tubular chassis parts, probably about 4 inch diameter, and I wasn't sure what from. also at least the rusting remains of a monocoque from a Lola, I was told, but I thought those were alluminum???

I may not be an expert like some folks here, but those parts look too shiny and new looking to be original...

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
How does one determine if these are originals? That blue looks fantastic for something sitting outside for years.

attachment.php

Malcolm

Supporter
Shine can last. I have a GTD front clip which got damaged and replaced in 1992 and has been sitting outside ever since and it is still shiny!

4 inch tubes? Wasn't that the tube size on a cobra?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
4 inch tubes? Wasn't that the tube size on a cobra?

On a 427! 260/289's were 3".

And that early MK I nose is in a crate however the wood looks WAY too new to be 1964 vintage and the gel coat has not deteriorated as is normal in FRP left out a long time.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Nice find and very interesting.
but how old is the "graveyard" ?.
Have the clips been placed there recently ?
The level of the fallen detritus appears consistent outside and inside the clips and the deterioration of the leaves only seem to be one season old. (if they were there any longer, then the leaves would have surely mulched)

Did you manage to spot any chassis number tags on the clips ?

Here's a better exposed picture.

Attachments

• DSC_0168.jpg
    DSC_0168.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 1,815
Last edited:
Now that's what I call a barn find! More photos from the farm.

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,635
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,795
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,722
Oh boy... I would love to know the chassis number of that Cobra. Sure it has a "restored" clone on the road someplace. What a find!

Back