P1028

Pat

Supporter
Legendary Motorcars featured the restoration and recent sale of P1028, the first road car delivered to the USA. The resoration is impressive as was the sale price. Photos here:
1966 Ford GT40 MkI | Lot S103 | Monterey 2016 | Mecum Auctions

Interestingly, it came with air conditioning. Does anyone have any information on the A/C setup they used? The condenser seems to be quite deep, suggesting multiple rows of coils (a suggestion by a custom car builder locally for cooling where space is limited).

Legendary Motorcars featured the restoration and recent sale of P1028, the first road car delivered to the USA. The resoration is impressive as was the sale price. Photos here:
1966 Ford GT40 MkI | Lot S103 | Monterey 2016 | Mecum Auctions

Interestingly, it came with air conditioning. Does anyone have any information on the A/C setup they used? The condenser seems to be quite deep, suggesting multiple rows of coils (a suggestion by a custom car builder locally for cooling where space is limited).

Has anybody here heard who acquired P1028? I recently saw that car listed as both available and sold on the Legendary site. I'm assuming on one page it just hadn't yet been marked sold. However, perhaps Legendary got it back. At one point Peter told me that soon after it was sold at the Mecum Auction that it was available by the recent purchaser.

Back