What chassis number is this car?

Attachments

• Chris Ward GT40.jpg
    Chris Ward GT40.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,269

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Are you sure it’s not a Gelscoe? How is it possible for Gelscoe kit cars to compete in the Revival?

Thank you Rick and Mike, so maybe even a Holman Moody, I talked to them awhile back about one with FIA papers, and Rick I interpret it as gt-40's that were not built in the 60's

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Thank you Rick and Mike, so maybe even a Holman Moody, I talked to them awhile back about one with FIA papers, and Rick I interpret it as gt-40's that were not built in the 60's

Lee Holman does MK IIs, not MK Is to my knowledge but then I have not talked to Lee in some time.

Hell, not even built in the 2000 ought's!

Lee Holman does MK IIs, not MK Is to my knowledge but then I have not talked to Lee in some time.

Hell, not even built in the 2000 ought's!

As far as I know, HM only built a single continuation MKII which has perpetually been for sale for 10+ years. It may have traded hands a few times but it has never found a true owner as far as I know. I just saw an ad for it for sale in England now.

Please correct me if I’m wrong?

As far as I know, HM only built a single continuation MKII which has perpetually been for sale for 10+ years. It may have traded hands a few times but it has never found a true owner as far as I know. I just saw an ad for it for sale in England now.

Please correct me if I’m wrong?

what are you talking about?

Superformance Shelby GT40 MkII B, P2183. REDUCED! Titanium/ black LeMans stripes/ yellow graphics. This GT40 MkII B re-creation is one of two ever built by Pathfinder Motorsports, the designers of the Superformance GT40R. The LHD MkII B custom dash in this car is the identical style as the ones that Holman Moody made for the original three MkII B race cars they modified back in 1966 for the 1967 LeMans race. The drivetrain: a modified Roush 351/427IR 575 hp fuel-injected engine tuned by Roush employee and race tuner Cal Hartline, with 4-bolt mains and port-matched aluminum heads. It also has a polished Borla fuel injection unit with custom hand-turned extended velocity stacks and a period-correct high-volume Aviaid baffled oil pan. This also has the new MSD 'FAST' ignition system to include the distributor. Power is delivered through a rugged/ polished German ZF 5-speed gearbox/ transaxle, fitted with smoother/quicker Olthoff shifter-linkage upgrade and Teflon shift cable. Other particulars: 'Gurney bubble,' LeMans stripes, SS [stainless steel] straight pipes to include SS mufflers, and original-correct custom seats made using the original 1965 designs provided by Lee Holman. This exquisite re-creation of the last variation of the GT40, the MkII B, with DNA from the Holman Moody garage is preordained to be the spotlighted centerpiece in its new owner's stable of historic motorcars.
Melbourne (Brevard County), Florida
10 December/February

Also the MKII built for a Kiwi customer was a combined effort from Pathfinder, SPF and HM for the Chris Amon continuation car. If nothing else a much more period correct car due to T44 & FE engine combo than all the Hot Rod stuff in above example.

Last edited:
Interesting to see the owner of the Roadster in the HM article is 'Alan Watkins', is that the same 'Alan Watkins- User Resigned' who used to partake here on GT40's... IIRC he had an SPF, is his roadster based on that?

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
| Mark II images |
here they state "The Holman GT MKII, chassis #P201, soon after completion in 1992"

| Holman & Moody Mark II |
Here it is "We are now taking orders for the next two new Holman & Moody Mark IIs
Chassis GT40P 202 will be a Mark II "A" coupe
Chassis GT40P 204 will be a copy of the Mark II Sebring winning Roadster"

Don't know which chassis# the red roadster has! 203?

"There are no replicas at Goodwood"

"There's no betting at Bushwood!"

Well....
I have seen (and picture proof) Gel 003 and Gel 007 raced at Goodwood Revival.
Also Mirage M10002 was a Gelscoe replica, but I am not sure if it actually raced or just demo.

Back