Seen any quick cars recently?

Hi all,
making the journey to and from work has to generally be one of the most boring rides known, however, on the way home today, driving my wifes 1.0L 16v Micra (all of 54bhp) I spotted something interesting coming the other way.

No less than an off-white (cream?) McLaren F1 GTR with a centre orange stripe. Was moving fairly quick with a superb exhaust howl too. It was on a minor road towards Bentley (Hants) and as it had just pi$$ed down with rain, the cream might actually be dirty-white. (N1FGH or similar)

Very nice! and I bet he enjoyed his journey a lot more than I did mine....

Hey Paul,
When I was at the Ford design center at Dunton, I had the chance to drive the ST250. This was shown as a prototype a few years back at Geneva I think. It was the old shape Mondeo, with ahem a few modifications...namely a 3.0 Supercharged V6 that span on the dial and red lined at 10,000rpm.... very interesting to drive...

Brett

I was driving to the airport last week, in the rain, and passed a Viper GTS with "Venom 750" decals on it, indicating it had been modified by Hennessey Motorsports to (supposedly) make 750 hp. The road was quite wet and the gent behind the wheel didn't look like he was having any fun at all... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My Lister-Chevy replica took to the road for the first time two days ago. I would have liked to have been alongside that Viper (in the dry) in my Lister, instead of my Audi...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Yesterday an old school classmates brother passed me in his new toy....orange Lambo P400 Muira, nice ride! (as would have been his sister...)

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drove last week from Frankfurt to Cologne with the Intercity train.
Along the railway track is a rather long car park, called the Autobahn.
The train was doing 300 kmh while I was reading the Ford GT40 SAE Papers.

Oh - almost forgot - on the way home from Frank Catt's Sunday last - saw a Lambo Murcielago heading Franks way from Polgate about 5 miles out. Strangely enough it looked like British Racing Green?, sounded good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Enzo...

enzo1.jpg

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Pulled into the service station for a fuel stop and a Murcielago stopped at the opposite side of the same pump. Sounds glorious, although lime green metalic colour not my thing; oh yeah, the 40 still looks better in the flesh (in my opinion).

Bill

Back