89-94 Mitsubishi made/designed computers

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
If you have a car between '89-'94 and the computer was made by or even designed by Mitsubishi (3 diamond star on it) there is a chance that a poorly specified capacitor will leak onto the circuit board and cause all manner of strange behavior and codes. It is possible for it to catstrophically fail as well.

If you are interested in more info or are having problems now contact Avpro ECS Shop

My '93 Stealth started acting very weird and giving me codes that didn't make sense. I found an article on the computer problem on one of the Stealth/3000GT forums I used to be on and it pointed me to these guys. They fixed me right up and were very professional.

Lynn

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Cool Steve! For those of you who may be having problems, if you get to it early (the clicking of the computer power relay on the right side of the console at about radio level is the first warning;the car may start and then immediately quit while the clicking is going on) you may very well be able to make the repair Steve's link takes you to. However, keep in mind that if this has been going on a while, the electrolyte leaking from the capacitor may have damaged the circuit board around the capacitor. Make sure you follow the last instructions and, using a magnifying glass check over the board VERY carefully, front and back. If you find to much of the over seal has been eaten away, you may want to send it to professioanls who neutralize the electrolyte and make all of the board usable again.

Back