G-Timer

Has any one seen or heard or used a G-Timer www.cnmw.com It is supposed to be the best thing since apple pie when it comes to playing with our faverate car. It is supposed to be very easy to use and can give you the 0 to 60 and standing start 1/4 mile times plus much more. Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
It could measure acceleration, decelleration and gforces
through some sort of inertial system. But how it could measure horsepower is beyond me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
I have one of the G Tech Pro's, works great!

http://www.gtechpro.com/

Hp is easy - Power. Power is simply the work done by force over time, very easy to calculate. The main thing is to have an accurate weight of your car in order for the thing to work properly. It measures instanteous acceleration and integrating this can get velocity at any given time and it can of course calculate distance very accurately since it knows the time. Easy. Weight MUST be accurate! It measured within 0.1s on my quarter time and about 1 mph on the trap speed. Slick!

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
I have one also... One thing that it is good for is that it will help you get your 0 - 60 mph time as low as it can be by letting you practice your launches. Too hard and you spin... Too easy and you waste time. Takes many tries to get consistent times.

[ QUOTE ]
...how it could measure horsepower is beyond me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Acceleration vs vehicle weight, perhaps?

Cool device, and not too expensive, as car elecronics go.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I have a G-Tech Pro. I have fooled around with it a little bit and it seems to work. Getting it level is somewhat of a PITA.

Has anyone ever heard of a TAZZO? They have a comparison matrix of 4 different brands of inertial systems.

Lynn

Back