300 CID Ford 6 cylinder

Hi Rick
I noticed in another thread you mentioned a boss headed 300 6 cylinder. Do you have any pictures or tech info on this.
Years ago I started to build one, (no where near finished yet) had to use 5 heads as the bore spacing is slightly wider than a SBF.
Any info would be a help.
thanks and regards

Clayton /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
No,

I saw it at the Columbus, Ohio Ford swap a few years back. That meet is next weeknd so you might look there. I do remember it was built for a Salt Flats car of some sort.

I am going next week and will ask around...

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Rick

I only have two pictures from an old hotrod mag.
regards

Clayton /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
FMS used to have a "drag race only" head listed for this motor in their catalog. No water passages, aluminum head. If someone has the old back issues I'm sure it'd turn up, around 1995 I know it was there.

Ron,
It maybe part number M-6049-149*
4.9L inline 6
If this is the correct one the ad sais to order through Alan Johnson Cylinder Heads
(805)-922-1202.
Son of a B###h, now I feel like a pack rat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Spring cleaning is a must. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Hope this helps
John

Here are the two pages that was given to me, not just two pictures as I said before. You can see the joint lines that run through the head bolt holes. It also has been high port plated.
regards

Clayton

Attachments

• 34646-3.jpg
    34646-3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 475
Well I found another article from Super Ford, January 1989 issue.
Now this is something.....its a Kinsler injected 310 with a head made from 5 rejected M-6049-A3351 aluminum SVO heads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Plus all the trick gear inside, bolted in a rear engined dragster and ran a.......wait for it..7.75 quarter at Fram Supernationals.
Go the 6's

Clayton /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Back