LMES 1000km Monza

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Any body going to Monza 7th to 9th May? 50 cars line up for this one so it should be a fantastic event on this amazing track.
Just think of 50 cars coming into Curve Grande and the Lesmos echoing off the trees and walls !! It has to beat the s--t out of Bernie E's circus.
I'm working at this one (for a British team for a change) so if anybody is coming down, give me a ring. Radar unit is using tel *44 779 966 0955 throughout the race from Wednesday onwards, and my gsm is +44 776 745 0989
(It might be appropriate to bring wet weather clothing but I didn't say that- OK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)
Dave M

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Obviously the 24 hour is the next major race and we will be there from Tuesday 8th. June setting up. Are any forum members planning to come this year? All our phone numbers are in the post above.
During the LMES 1000 km series and the 24 hour Le Mans Channel 4 are making a documentary about Audi UK Team Veloqx who are running the R8 cars. The programmes will be screened around October time over 5 weeks with a 1/2 hour program each week. The first installment will be the 'roll out' at Silverstone and the Monza 1000 Km, which was a fantastic race. Neither Audi UK car gave way at any stage and the lead changed in the last 25 minutes or so when the 'big' rain came. It was all down to tactics by the Audi Engineers and the pit stop to go to wets was the crucial decider, one car staying out on slicks for an extra lap which subsequently lost him the race. I have not seen a team in a sports car race going at it 'hammer and tong' in such a long time and by the flag the gap was less than 1/2 second (and no safety car was deployed during the rain which was fantastic) There are three more LMES 1000km races in N. Europe (Nurburgring, Silverstone, and Spa) and each race has entries of fifty cars. If any body can remember the BOAC 1000km races at Brands Hatch in years gone by, then this is even better.So any body going to the 24 h, please give us a ring. We are located in the first of two bungalows by the airport entrance.
Dave M

Back