Gasoline prices in your area?

With the price of oil at all time highs, what are you guys

paying for a gallon of gasoline(U.S, not Imp)?

Yesterday, regular was $1.999, Mid grade $2.079, and

premium $2.149. These prices are about average, here in

Delaware.

While I was filling up, I asked the owner of the gas

station if he was offering financing with a tank of gas.

He wasn't amused! The other customers, standing nearby,

thought it was funny, but all looked like they wanted to

lynch him!

Bill

Hi Bill,
We're paying around 83 pence per litre!
£0.83 x 3.785 (to US gallons) x $1.77 (FT USD exchange rate) equals $5.66 per US gallon here in the UK.

We (family of 3) regularly spend more on petrol (Jeep Grand Cherokee) than we do on food and wine. And I drink a lot of wine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I guess what I'm saying is - don't complain too much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Charles

Charles,

That's outrageous by our standards, but you guys have been
paying through the nose for a while, so I guess that you have become accustomed to it.

Somebody needs to come up with a "camel based" engine that only needs fuel once every two weeks!

Do you pay 83 pence for a liter of wine too? If so, that would explain that dazed and confused look on your face! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Try 93 octane wine. Granted, it's more than 83 pence per liter, but it's much better stuff! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill

Here in Sydney, we've just hit the $1.00/litre ( 70c US) mark. We complain, but it seems we have it pretty good. 98 octane ULP $1.10/litre

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Hi Bill,

Taking the cue from Charles' calcs -

We're paying around AU$1.04 per litre (was around $0.88 a few weeks ago).

A$1.04 x 3.785 (to US gallons) / 0.686 (A$-USD exchange rate) equals US$5.70 per US gallon here in Oz.

And you have the hide to complain about 2 bucks a gallon !!!

Good quality cask wine here is AU$10 for 4 litres :

A$10/4 = A$2.50/L
A$2.5 x 3.785 (to US gallons) / 0.686 = US$13.80/gal

More than twice the price of gas, but goes a lot farther !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

We are up to 99.5 cents cdn per litre, all the gas stations had to modify there pumps so that they would be able to charge over a dollar. If i hop into washington U.S., i think it works out to about 70-80 cents cdn per litre.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
In Michigan, where I live, Premium (93 octane), is $2.25 per gallon. I was in Indiana, and Illinois last weekend, and paid anywhere from $2.19-$2.33 per gallon. Luckily I averaged 28 mpg, by staying out of the upper boost levels. Only had minor road rage a couple of times.

Regards Brian

IMHO most Americans understand gas has been underpriced for
several years compared to normal escalation of most products. But we'd prefer that OPEC and Big Oil
wouldn't make it all back in a single year!

Suprisingly, sales of SUVS and trucks have not fallen
much, like one would expect with such a large cost increase.
Those buyers must either be expecting prices will fall back, or are willing to pay the going rate.
I hope the former happens...but I fear the later is more
likely.

MikeD

In Calif. (Bay Area) Regular was 2.39/gal this morning with Premium grade 2.59/gal. Some of the rip-off stations are as high as 2.79/gal for premium.

While it certainly is cheaper in the US than anywhere else, my complaint is not in the overall price, but the way the US oil companies manupilate the prices to suit their desires/greed - I work within a couple of miles of the refineries in the Bay area and yet, our gas costs almost 50 cents /gal more than some states that they have to TRUCK THE DAMN STUFF TO!!!

off the soap box now - sorry -

Peter. I think you have your calcs wrong. $1.04 x 3.785 = $3.9364 $A a gallon making it about $US2.70 a gallon. You nearly gave me a heart attack. Regards

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Thanks Norman, I was also a bit was a bit taken aback by the US$5.70. Its a damn good thing that I am not involved in international trade - I have never really got my head around currency conversion or time zones !

So, US$2.70 / gal here in Oz - not too bad really.

BTW, the correct calcs give wine at US$6.50 / gal - now that REALLY makes me feel better !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Here in NZ premium ULP is currently $1.21 per litre which works out to around US$2.75 per US gal, which is not too bad, although the companies have taken to changing the prices without notice and it can vary (usually upwards) from week to week. Our biggest problem is that our premium grade gas is barely 96 octane /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
In Tokyo, it costs almost US$1.00 per liter now for premium gasoline. But changes often.

It is hard to compare prices world wide unless you know the entire tax structure. In Calif. you can see the amount of tax listed at the pumps. That said I still think we are getting ripped off by the oil barrons!

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Bugger! Should have kept my mouth shut. Ours has just been hiked to the equivalent of US$2.92 per US gallon over the past two days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

96 Octane! That is nice. We've got "premium" at 93 octane here... It's running about $2.05/gallon in my town.

John

Here in Melbourne it depends on which day you buy your petrol. Last week the average on Wed. was 95.2cents per litre and rose to peak at 102.7 on Sat. Happens like this virtually every week. Regards

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
There was an article in the paper today (Melbourne Herald-Sun) that explains half of the 95c per litre that most Australians pay is made up from fuel excise (read tax - 40%) and then GST lumped on top of that (Goods & Services Tax - 10%).

I believe the government calls it easy money.

Back