hood air ducts?

Sorry I am new to the forum and I tried searching but didnt find a match, is it possible to buy airducts for a gt40 hood? I have a kellison gt40 body and the hood doesnt have the air ducts if you know where I can purchase some air ducts and maybe some body parts for gt40s (side windows, rear windows, side mirrors, headlights taillights etc.) please post Thanks again Spencer.

That's what I was looking for, do you know where I can buy some the same size as the gt40? like a factory website for naca because all I could find are 3 inch ducts? Thanks for the help spencer.

Spencer,

There are three of us in your area (Livermore, Pleasanton,San Ramon). All of us have GTDs. If you need to come and look at some things for reference you are welcomed. I have a few odds and end pieces that you can buy such as my original GTD mirrors, inside and outside (never used) and other bits and pieces.

Wow that's cool that there's people in my area with gt40's, thanks for the offer I should stop by some time. Spencer.

try ebay, there are usually a bunch of Carbon fiber ducts from NASCAR. They might not be authentic, but they are very trick.

sorry for bringing up a old thread but I never found a supplier for a scoop I am looking for the dual type fiberglass scoop for the middle of the hood not a naca duct would anyone happen to know where I could find one? Thanks Spencer.

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
are you looking for the radiator outlet part of the front of the car or the scoops that go on the rear part of the body as fitted to mkII. I can help you with the rear scoops if that is what you are after

I am looking for the two scoops or single scoop and I was told it is called a gurney scoop. Thanks.

I am sorry I was not sure what it is called so here is a pic its highlighted in black. Thanks for baring with me guys.
GT40_41.jpg

Spencer,
the area you are referring to is the hatch cover. Most of the scoops are exhaust for the radiators. There are some members that are producing parts for sale. You would have to adapt it to your own car if there is no hatch. Most of the double nostrils come only about 6 inches or so down into the hatch and have to be altered to reach the base of the radiator. The short(6") version has a tendancy to build up air pressure under speed, and some have been known to pop out. those that you will see to the base, have probably been altered by a fiberglass shop, and are quit extensive as they have to be built in a "V" configuration to keep the air out from under the hatch. Here are the pics of mine during alteration and the finished product.
1174754gt4087.jpg

1114861P1010050.jpg

Bill

Hi thanks for the help everyone, bill do you know where I can purchase the nostrils? Thanks Spencer.

Spencer

The nostrils are formed as part of the hatch cover.
No one I know sells nostrils loose.
Your choices seem to be buying a hatch cover,
or making your own nostrils.
If you're on a budget, why not try
to make them ? Kit Car and others have published
articles on how to do it. Good luck.

MikeD

I am looking to buy a complete hatch cover with the nostrils already built in or the traditional single gurney chute, is anyone selling any on this forum I tried a search but couldnt find anything, or where could I find plans to make a hatch cover with the nostrils? Thanks for the help, Spencer.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Spencer, DRB (GT40 Australia) sells the complete hatch & "deep" nostrils as on option. Mine came in 4 parts - hatch, 2 nostrils, & a centre joining section. Not too hard to put together, but the challenge could be in adapting this setup to your car if it is not a DRB - hatch shape, radiator angle, etc).

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Back